Airspace status table - airport listing order

We all know that airports appears on the airspace status table ordered by 1) number of arrivals; 2) manned ATC stations.

But how is it sorted when two or more airports has identical number of inbounds and same ATC stations are (in)active? It’s clearly not alphabetical, so what can it be?

1 Like

Probably which every had it first

1 Like

The airports with the most active frequencies are at the top. If there’s no airports with ATC, it’s ordered by the most inbounds.

For example, an airport with active Tower, Approach, and Departure will be higher up than an airport with just Tower and Ground.

1 Like

The question remains. :)

I’m not sure. I don’t think that’s ever happened before.

It’s extremely common. You can see in the image above that RJAA, EIDW, LSZH, KJFK and LFPG have 4 inbounds but are not arranged in a clear pattern.

@royfr83 If I had to hazard a guess, I would assume that it’s based on which airport hit the specified number of arrivals first. Who knows, though. 🤷‍♂️

1 Like

It might just be some random order produced by a standard sorting algorithm lol

I know it’s not that important, but I’m still curious. There must be some kind of logic behind it.

@ Developers?

Does anyone know why orange font is sometimes used for an airport in the status list?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.