Airspace restrictions

Hi IFC, with the knowledge of myself and other members of the community I have created a list comprising of airspace restrictions that commercial aircraft are to abide by. This list is aimed at those members who are looking for a more realistic Infinite Flight experience. Feel free to add to this list in the comments section if you would like to.

List of airspace restrictions:

• Airlines such as Singapore Airlines, Emirates, Qantas, China Airlines, Lufthansa and Malaysia Airlines are currently avoiding Iranian airspace, though these carriers may seek to fly over in certain situations.
  • Chinese Airspace mandates that flights be at altitudes that are by the 100s (ie: 34,100 instead of just 34,000).
  • Airlines are restricted from flying over Eastern Ukraine.
  • Qatar Airways is permitted to fly routes comprising of the Persian gulf. The airline is prohibited from flying within the vicinity of certain neighbouring middle eastern countries.
  • Countries that have banned both direct flights and overflying traffic to/from Israel include Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Brunei, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia (this remains unclear at this given time), Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia and Yemen. Exceptions include Air India granted permission to use Saudi Arabian Airspace for Israeli flights and Ethiopian Airlines granted permission to use Sudanese Airspace for Israeli flights.
  • All commercial aircraft should avoid North Korean airspace (For flights that don’t come from/to North Korean airports).
  • Flights are advised to remain at 33,000 feet or higher over Afghanistan.
  • Aircraft are avoiding passing above the Himalayas due to high terrains - In some cases this may be excused.
  • All Avianca flights are not permitted to enter Venezuelan airspace.
  • Russia usually restricts concessions to fly over its territory to one airline per country. There are some exceptions, such as British Airways and Virgin Atlantic, which are both registered in Britain.
  • When flying through the African continent, Tripoli airspace (all of Libya) is prohibited.
  • Certain airlines cannot fly through Russian airspace due to specialized codes and access grants that the Russian gov’t gives out.
  • Nearly all airline operators are currently avoiding flying over Syria.
  • Aircraft are prohibited from flying over Mecca as its center of gravity naturally attracts magnetic charges to its location.
  • Russian airlines are not permitted to fly within the vicinity of Ukrainian airspace, with the exception of Crimea.
37 Likes

Might wanna add that Aircraft aren’t allowed to fly over Mecca, these airspaces are needed real bad

2 Likes

If airlines have ‘an escape route’ it is perfectly legal I believe. You can find out more about escape routes online somewhere else.

However, most of these are politically realated, meaning I don’t think this will be allowed. Not sure but I think this may be closed.

2 Likes

You may want to add the Ukrainian airspace restriction on Russian airlines as they cannot fly into any Ukrainian airspace with the exception of Crimea, which is just about administered by Russia and only has domestic flights within the country. Sovereignty is debatable so let’s not dig our graves at this point.

4 Likes

I am pertty sure you can. but, to do it you must have a full oxygen tank for 125% of the Passengers Captain joe explains it better

2 Likes

This sounds like an excuse, it doesn’t matter if it is political or not, it’s realism that matters

7 Likes

Thanks @Hardlanding_Hussain.
@InfiniteFlightDeck If you read the text before the list of airspace restrictions I stated that this topic was “aimed at members looking for a more realistic Infinite Flight experience”, this was not created to shine light on any political debates. I’m sure people would be most understanding, but thanks for the point :)

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, if you check back now I have added this to the list :)

1 Like

Might wanna fix this

1 Like

@Hardlanding_Hussain Sorry I had the wrong idea, I have since looked this up and have corrected it.

1 Like

No worries, great topic, love it!

1 Like

Thanks so much, I appreciate it.

Thanks so much for the suggestion, I have added it to the list :)

1 Like

also air india regularly uses saudi air space in bound to TLV so not sure where that came from … ELAL and air india are now allowed to fly over the Arabian peninsula enroute to TLV as well as outbound

1 Like

sorry if that came across tough … i have a lot of pride for my country lol

1 Like

No need to apologise, at least I learnt something and I’ll be sure to fix it. Are you from Saudi Arabia?

Israel !!! and its a very exciting day for us

1 Like

This community is so culturally diverse, I’d love to travel Israel one day. Huge day for EL AL as the airline commences its first flight to Abu Dhabi.

2 Likes

I always thought that they couldn’t fly through Saudi airspace. If that’s the case then is it true they can’t fly through Indonesia, Malaysia, and Pakistan?

1m

As for Qatar Airways, it is only limited to two air corridors in the Bahrain FIR. QR uses the northwesterly corridor to get to/from Kuwait and its Iranian, European/Turkish, and North American destinations, whilst the northeasterly corridor is used to get to/from its African, South American, Omani, Indian Subcontinent, and to its East/Southeast Asian/Australian destinations.

Emirates, Etihad, and flydubai occasionally fly through Iranian airspace to get to their European and North American (EK/EY) destinations.

Saudia, under any circumstances (especially in the Expert Server!) should not fly to/through Israeli airspace or spawn in LLBG (or any Israeli airport), let alone other Middle Eastern carriers like Gulf Air, Etihad, Emirates, Oman Air, and Qatar Airways, for political reasons.

The reasoning of this topic are mostly politically motivated in real life (ICAO/local civil aviation regulations), but are essential for realism, especially in the Expert Server.

As mentioned by the author, the thread is aimed towards IF players looking for a realistic in-game experience.

2 Likes