Airspace boundings and colors

Hi, I still want to enhance my pilot skills and fly close to real life procedures. Therefore I think it’s necessary to know everything about Airpspaces: colors and their different tiers/boarders/forms. Problem: I know less about it and I only found an, in some parts, outdated post regarding this topic.

Do I have to fly in between these areas to follow my route/flightplan?
What means purple and blue? What about those lose boxes?

2 Likes

Hello there well I believe the best place to look for simplest detail would be the user guide it’s so amazingly explained
User guide
Cheers
Hari

Hello Rey! You do not have to avoid these areas. Magenta boundaries are for class Charlie airports. Light blue is for Deltas. Blue boundaries are for class Bravo airports. Charlies and Deltas are smaller fields. Bravos are more like what a commercial airline would fly into, though commercial airlines can fly into any of these. Light green represents terminal control areas and white designates FIR boundaries.

In Infinite Flight, the ring closest to the airport is Tower’s airspace. Additionally, there are vertical boundaries to airspace. Tower is surface to 5000ft AAL, departure/approach is surface to FL180 and extends 50nm horizontally, and Center airspace is surface to FL600 and extends out to their respective white boundaries.

For more information regarding airspace in Infinite Flight, look here:

4 Likes

Luca beats me 😂 😂😂

Thx got it. What about the forms and rectangles? Why not simple circles?

1 Like

The data that Infinite Flight gets us from real life. This are real-word airspace boundaries.

and to add to that, why are there so many identically colored (class C), irregular rings around EDDF for example

1 Like

That’s what I expected. But there is no specific reason regarding the forms? So I can just ignore it I guess…

These extensions protect approaches and departures to and from airports. They also extend Class E airspace to protect aircraft transitioning into or out of airport areas from enroute waypoints such as VORs.

There are also VFR corridors which are pathways through Class B airspace with defined vertical and lateral boundaries, in which aircraft can operate without ATC clearance. So they’re basically a “hole” through Class B airspace.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.