Airports to fly into

Hey guys, I’m planing to fly around the world in the Citation x for the second time.
does anyone recommend and good airports to fly into with good scenery and terrain to make it interesting. Flying west bound
Comment below.
Thanks

1 Like
  • KGCN, Grand Canyon

• KSAT, San Antonio

• KFLL, Fort Lauderdale

4 Likes

SKSP is one of the most challenging airports in Colombia because of the short runway

Here’s the view you will get when taking off, the sea of the seven colors.

11 Likes

Wow! That is cool. I may have to fly there.

Another airport you can check out is KISP. With great scenery. It is surrounded by suburbs but once you get a bit further away you have Long Island Sound to the north, Great South Bay and Atlantic Ocean to the south, NYC to the west, farmlands and Hamptons to the east. @Balloonchaser does a bunch of flights from there (both IRL and in IF) and he agrees that it is a great area.

3 Likes

VILH, Leh-India

It’s situated in a valley and has one of world’s most dangerous approaches

1 Like

Looks like a beautiful airport and region. I will fly there someday! 😍

NTGJ, worth trying if you cross the Pacific…

2 Likes

KJAC is a great airport to fly into! The Tetons always make for a great treat ;)

1 Like

RJAW on Iwo Jima island is a nice stop for island hopping! Lots of history on it too :)

HRYR (Kigali Airport) & ZULS (Lhasa) are two of many that come to mind

1 Like

Yeah, as @Jerome_J said above I would definitely recommend some airports in Tibet and Xinjiang. Lhasa is a great one but you can also fly to Ngari, Hotan and Kashgar - all provide beautiful scenery of course.

Whilst most people are giving suggestions in the US, Western Europe and other well known airports, here are some slightly more unique ones:

• Yerevan, Armenia
  • Pleiku, Vietnam
  • Mandalay, Myanmar
  • Socotra, Yemen
  • Asmara, Eritrea
  • Goma, Democratic Republic of The Congo
  • Lilongwe, Malawi
  • Nelspruit, South Africa
  • São Tomé International, São Tomé and Príncipe
  • San Carlos de Bariloche, Argentina
  • La Paz, Bolivia
  • Santa Marta, Columbia
  • Caracas, Venezuela
  • Santiago de Cuba, Cuba
  • Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Russia
  • Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, Russia
  • Norilsk, Russia
  • Pristina, Kosovo
  • Sibiu, Romania
  • Brač, Croatia
  • Poprad-Tatry, Slovakia
  • Zaporizhzhia, Ukraine

There’s a lot more I could have added to this list, but my advice would be to go out and explore. IF offers you the whole planet so try something new and go somewhere you haven’t flown before!

5 Likes

Many places that no one ever seems to visit in IF are always cool

OAKB in Afghanistan has a pretty hard approach at an altitude of 7300 ft

1 Like

EICK is fun to fly to

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.