Airports Allegiant flies to

Why do they fly to so many “not commonly used” airports.i know they fly to some international airports like las vages but why can’t they fly to Phoenix skyharbor but they fly to Phoenix MESA gateway airport?

1 Like

It’s cheaper for gates, cheaper for landing slots, and less crowded at those small airports. If there’s s secondary airport, LCCs will most liekly fly there because it’s cheaper.

5 Likes

They also make a better profit, as the airports aren’t used by larger mainline airlines.

4 Likes

Memphis International its passenger terminal and numbers are empty I live there to get to LAX sometimes when flights aren’t offered you have To go even farther away to places like Atlanta and then to LAX. But I love Layovers at big busy airports anyway good plane spotting shots.

2 Likes

Allegiant flies to KPIE and isn’t Tampa across the bay from it?

2 Likes

Yep. They also fly to some more midwestern destinations too

1 Like

Like what airports wait
I’ll Google it!

2 Likes

They operate a lot of flights to KLAS.

2 Likes

They recently opened up shop in Rochester like half a year ago.

2 Likes

Same dude, every time I fly from MEM I actually love connecting at ATL or DFW or IAH. I just love those bigger airports. I flew delta from MEM to LAX nonstop before, im guessing it was a seasonal flight?

3 Likes

Yeah It is I flew it on a 737-700 rare for delta it was awesome.

2 Likes

@Natzoo

Yeah your right:)

1 Like

Apparently Delta had a 757-200 flight from MEM to ATL. Mine was a 737-800 and lucky!

2 Likes

I fly MD-88’s MEM-ATL when I travel I came back on one of the last DC-9-50 flights from DTW-MEM and got some film it was awesome I love those old beautiful planes there amazing, but in truth I love a planes and cars equally.

3 Likes

The Same dude, i love planes, cars and cruise ships (strange ik) equal. I got bored today and saw today’s flight out of MEM and 757 flight was there :( wish I could’ve been on it. Thanks to Delta flying the md88 and 717 regularly, I got to sit in the cockpit and have the captain take a picture of me and flew first class :).

OK back on topic, Allegiant service isn’t that good from the reviews of my friends, but i guess thats what you pay for in a LCC.

2 Likes

They fly into Kansas City

1 Like

I know Allegiant has flight from KAVL to KFLL, KBWI, KPIE, KPGD, KEWR, KSFB, KPBI. A320’s into a 7000 foot runway is fun to watch

1 Like

They fly from a lot of regional airports to their hubs. They fly to MLI for sure!

1 Like

I’ve seen 3 or 4 MD-80s at KMYR during my vacation in Myrtle Beach :)

They fly into Rickenbacker International (KLCK) which is basically a cargo only airport.

1 Like