Airport Quiz #4 [Closed]

It’s been a long, long time since I’ve made one of these so I feel for all the new users it is important that I state what these are. I will list multiple facts about an airport. You make up your mind up as to what airport you think it is, from the list of airports from the poll, based on the facts stated.

Here are the important rules

• Do not look up the answer online.
  • Do not post the answer in the replies.
  • Do not change your answer after seeing the poll’s results

Ok so I shall begin, this should be an easy one for anyone who knows me.

This airport was originally called Horan International Airport, named after Monsignor James Horan who originally campaigned for the airports construction.

Before the airport was built the construction area was known as the “foggy, boggy site”

The story of the airport’s funding, construction and development and the work of James Horan was turned into a musical, called “On a Wing and a Prayer”.

The airport officially opened on the 25th of October 1985.

Currently the main airline operating at this airport is Ryanair, with 11 different destinations. Other operators include FlyBe, Croatia Airlines and Aer Lingus.

Previous airlines flying to this airport have included BMI baby, MyTravelLite and even Flyglobespan who for a very brief period of time operated Trans-Atlantic flights.

Currently the airport operates no cargo routes.

(Not my photo)

So, vote for the airport you think this is

• Bournemouth Airport
  • Lourdes Airport (Tarbes Lourdes Pyrénées Airport)
  • London Stansted Airport
  • Paris Beauvais Airport
  • Knock Airport
  • Charleroi (Brussels) Airport
  • Cherbourg Maupertus Airport
  • Cork Airport
  • East Midlands Airport
  • Cardiff Airport
  • Aberdeen Airport
  • Guernsey Airport
  • Belfast International Airport
  • Belfast City (George Best) Airport

0 voters

And I don’t know… :/

Welp, good luck to all!

1 Like

Nice question. You can actually figure it out without living near it, googling or knowing the area.

Clue: You cheater

2 Likes

I try to leave little subtle hints, so people can rule out certain airports in the poll and use a process of elimination to work it out 😄.

I personally use the airlines that gives it away. ;)

1 Like

Thank you everyone who took part, the correct answer as most of you (49%) guessed was indeed Knock airport.

I’ve included below a list of some of the easier clues that would’ve helped you get this one.

First hint, I’ve previously stated my local is Knock, though this is a pretty obscure clue

International Airport - rules out Cherbourge.

Plenty of bog land in Ireland

Think about it, Guernsey is pretty highly populated island in The Channel, it would’ve required an airport a lot earlier than around 30 years ago.

Ryanair operate a lot more than 11 routes to both Stansted, East Midlands, Charleroi and Paris Beauvais.

This coupled with the large amount of Ryanair routes should once more suggest its in Ireland. Also the fact there were only 4 airlines mentioned would suggest this is a small airport ruling out some of the larger airports in the list.

Flyglobespan didn’t operate to England or Wales, ruling out Stansted, Bournemouth, East Midlands and Cardiff.

This rules out East Midlands and quite a lot of other airports on the list.

Thank you once again to everyone who took part, I aim to do more of these in the future.