Airport Quiz #2

First of all I would like to thank everyone who took part in the last Airport quiz, last time 44% of people got the answer right, so to give people a greater sense of achievement for getting this one right I’ve made it a bit tougher (I’ve chosen a more obscure airport and included less clues) As always Do not look the answer up online, Do not post the answer in the comments and Do not change your answer after seeing the results of the poll.

The first airport in the city was a sea-plane port in the 30s .

Operations to and from the airport ceased at the start of Second World War and reopened in 1946.

Nowadays the airport has a runway measuring 880 by 30 metres and a terminal capable of 300 passengers an hour.

The only scheduled plane to fly in and out of the airport is the Dash 8 q100 operated by Widerøe and they flies to 8 destinations from the airport.

The airport serves what is officially (in 2014) the world’s most northerly city.

• Alta Airport
  • Svalbard Airport Longyear
  • Kiruna Airport
  • Hammerfest Airport
  • Ilulissat Airport
  • Nuuk Airport
  • Halifax Airport
  • Reykjavic
  • Ted Stevens Anchorage Airport

0 voters

Thank you in advance for taking part.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I think it’s 880m or 2890ft, it’s very short.

“Hammerfest”

What a name 😂.

I’m going to have to go with process of elimination for this one…

1 Like

1 Like

The only thing I know is that the airport should be in Sweden.

That’s “mallet festival” in German :D

1 Like

Thank you once again for taking part and well done to anyone who got the answer correct without cheating. The answer was Hammerfest (or mallet festival😄)

Obviously Svalbard… I’m from Norway.

1 Like

No, Svalbard is technically a town, (therefore not the most northerly city) also SAS operates flights in and out of Svalbard and it’s runway is longer. Also Svalbard airport was only built during WW2.

Not a city? Wikipedia proves you wrong. :)

Sorry, your right, just looked it up online and it said in 2014 Svalbard replaced Hammerfest as the worlds most northerly city.

So is the answer Svalbard then?

Well, all the other clues show the answer is Hammerfest.

I’ve changed it now anyway, but well done for spotting the error.

I only read the last sentence, that’s why I chose Svalbard. :D

Hammerfest would be the correct answer for the first four. Thanks for clarifying.

1 Like

1 Like