Airport quiz #1

If you have been reading the Meta topic lately you will have seen my topic regarding this but for those of you who haven’t here’s how it goes:

I will state a few facts about an airport, airline, airplane etc. and put a poll at the end, you should vote for which one you think is correct, here’s the important bit Do not post the answer in the replies, do not change your answer after seeing the poll’s results and do not look up the answer on the Internet
So I will begin:

This airport began as an RAF Air Force base during the Second World War

The airport remained an Air Force base even after the war ended but only until the 50s, then the land was returned to the original land owners.

Commercial flights began in the 60s and a terminal and control tower were built by Emereld Airways, but the flights soon ceased.

For ten years another airline operated the only flight in and out of the airport to Glasgow but that route soon closed due to rising fuel costs

Between 1989 and 1993 £10.5 million pounds was spent on the redevelopment of this airport.

After the redevelopment still wasn’t as popular as expected, it was only in 1999 when Ryanair started operating flights to London that the airport started to gain popularity.

In 2014 the airport transported over 350,000 passengers.

Ryanair is the only user of the airport and offers three all year round routes and two seasonal routes.

The airport is located near a bird sanctuary and over the past few years this has caused several bird-strikes the most recent being in 2009.

• Donegal Airport
  • East Midlands Airport
  • Cork Airport
  • City of Derry Airport
  • Cherbourg Maupertus Airport
  • Eindhoven Airport
  • Edinburgh Airport

0 voters

I hope this series gains enough support for me to continue it
If you have any suggestions for the subject of the next quiz (If there will be one) please PM me with the name of the thing and some hints I could give on the quiz. Thank you😄

1 Like

I did a lucky guess😇

1 Like

The answer was the City Of Derry Airport, well done to anyone who got the answer without looking it up online,

If anyone has any more suggestions make sure to PM me😄.

The poll has been closed thank you to anyone who took part.

1 Like