Airport Names

Hi,

I didn’t feel the need to create a feature request to change an Airports name so I made the topic here.

So, obviously I don’t want to change an airports name just because I want to. It is because the names have been changed since a long time and not changed in Infinite Flight.

*Before VRMM was known as Malé Ibrahim International Airport and is currently on IF as the same. However, on 1st January 2017 the Airport’s name was rebranded as Velana International Airport.

*Before VRMG was known as Gan Island and is currently on IF as the same. However, in early 2012 the Airport commenced international flights and was rebranded as Gan International Airport. Some may mistake it as Addu International Airport but, Addu International Airport is the name of the company which manages and owns Gan International Airport.

Hope this will be taken into consideration!
Thanks

2 Likes

An airport name can be changed quickly by an AET supervisor. Thanks for letting us know.

8 Likes

Thank you! Hopefully the Airport names will be updated as soon as possible. Have a great one! :)

Palma de Mallorca Airport has never been real. Then name is “Son Sant Joan” (Catalan pronunciation)

It’s name is actually Palma de Mallorca Airport, according to official charts. Son Sant Joan is another name that can be used, but not recognised in official charts.

2 Likes

VRMG Name was changed in our database now, it will come effectiv in next Aiport updated cycle.
Thanks for mentioning @Nawf
VRMM Name changed as well

Tom IFAET

3 Likes

this is not true, Palma de Mallorca is the official aviation name of LEPA:
source spain AIP:

2 Likes

Thank you for the quick response and update! :) @Major-Tom @Claudio

2 Likes

Handled