Airport Maps

Hi All,

So I was wondering if anyone here knows a certain app or website where you can find airport maps such as KJFK, EGLL, VHHH etc as sometimes after landing or while heading for takeoff I like to have a look at the map and see where to go.

Cheers

2 Likes

You can look up Airport Diagrams. Also you can use this website a lot of people use. You can look up (i.e Concourse E in KMSP) and such.

http://www.airportterminalmaps.com/

2 Likes

Thanks for your help. Will check it out!

1 Like

Usually Googling [ICAO] terminal map or [ICAO] ifr charts or [ICAO] airport charts will give you charts.

(Replace ICAO with the actual ICAO code for the airport you want.)

4 Likes

You can also check Skyvector.com

2 Likes

Here’s a link to all FAA airport publications and procedures.

Just type in an ICAO.

2 Likes

You can find similar pages for other countries via Google as well.

For example, Australia (you can find other countries as well): http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/aip/pending/dap/AeroProcChartsTOC.htm

FlightAware.com also has all the charts for the US, which comes in handy.

1 Like

I like to use:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1x7HBzx8Xn0J80WoF6UxTltUbLXo-XSVr&ll=-3.81666561775622e-14%2C53.522361000000046&z=1

1 Like

Hi all,

Will definitely check all of them out. Thank you very much for your help.

1 Like

Hi,
I usually just Google the AIP of the country of the airport, and look up the charts for the country.

The advantage is that they are the official charts, and they are updated monthly, so there’s no issues of the chart not showing a runway because it’s a Jeppesen chart from 2006.

Aside, I find I better to use the email when available, only because I find it easier to navigate. The AIP is usually a roughly 200page PDF, whereas the email is an easily navigateable webpage.

Example:
To get the airport diagram for Kuala Lumpur International (WMKK):

This will be more less the same for any airport anywhere in the world except for the US. I haven’t figured out how to use their weird eAIPs yet

1. Open up the official Malaysia AIP
    Link here

You’re concerned with Part 3: Aerodromes.

1. Open up AD 2 Aerodromes in the drawer on the left of the page.

That should present a list of airports below what you just clicked listing the airport’s ICAO and name.

1. Find your airport. In our case we looking for WMKK KL INTERNATIONAL / SEPANG

2. Click on it and you will see a new sublist pop up below the airport’s name you just clicked. In that list locate and click on AD 2.24 WMKK CHARTS RELATED TO AN AERODROME. This number might differ from airport to airport, but the label.should stay somewhat consistent.

3. Now on the left you will see a list of all the charts for the airport. We are looking for the airport diagram, so find and open the AERODROME / HELIPORT CHART - ICAO, and just like that you got access to the latest official airport diagram for the airport.

You’re welcome. Feel free to message me if you have any questions ;)

– Jakub

1 Like

Navigraph has an app and a paid charts service.
It’s pretty expensive, but it’s always up to date.

I’m sure some people here use it and could show you some charts.

I only have outdated charts, unfortunately.

1 Like

I always use AOPA, follow these steps

1. Go to AOPA.org
  2. Go to pilot resources and click on it
  3. Scroll down and click on airports
  4. Type in any airport you want
  5. You then have SIDs, STARs, ILS approach charts and more!
    I hope this helps!
1 Like

To be fair navigraph costs EUR75 per year for the charts which I think is great value for what you get. I have used navigraph for a few years now and find it invaluable - much better than scrabbling around constantly trying to find a relatively up-to-date chart online.

4 Likes

Absolutely!

It depends on the way you use it all.
If you are a “pro” user or if you are a kid that considers IF a game.

Not judging by the way.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.