Airport Map

Hello Community,

I would like to propose a new map that’s purpose is to show you the airport. It would sort of look like an Airport chart, but instead of you searching the airport chart up on the internet, you can turn to the airport map, search up your desired airport and once you have searched it up, the app would show you an “app modified” airport chart.

What’s the need for this?

This can make Air Traffic Control transmissions more realistic. For Example, you request taxi to the active runway and ATC gives you taxi clearance to the runway via alpha, echo 2, golf and delta instead of ATC saying “taxi to runway 34R, contact tower when ready”.

How do you know what taxiway is what?

With the new map, you can make a plan (just like you create a flight plan) a “taxi plan” that tells you when to turn onto the next taxiway. (just like autopilot tells you when to turn to the next waypoint)

How does it work?

There would be a “waypoint” at each intersection of every taxiway which you can tap on (just like a waypoint) and make your plan like that…

Thanks for reading through my post. Tell me what you think about this idea in the comments! :D

Happy Flying!
-Igamer

Great idea mate :) . Though I know how to navigate my own local airports other ones can be tough especially at night.

5 Likes

Thanks mate! I just want Infinite Flight to be the best it can be…

6 Likes

Realism, Realism, Realism. I love it. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

8 Likes

Love it, more specific things like this should probably be Expert only…

Though with things like this when they get very specific I think with reports, etc. people seem to loose sight of the fact that (and I feel like I am in a pretty large group here) we aren’t all pilots, I am a 14yr old kid who tries to be as realistic as possible, but does make mistakes since the most training I have had is the last 5yrs of playing IF…

All together I love it…

8 Likes

I’m surprised this isn’t a feature request already. Would definitely make navigating the airport much easier. Let me dig up a vote.

4 Likes

Yea, I can totally agree with you there.

1 Like

No, how would people learn to use it?

It should be available at all levels

2 Likes

On TS people don’t eaven use the taxi ways half the time, it would be the same with ATIS, no one on either end would be able to do it right…

I don’t know where you fly (surely EGLL KJFK 🙄) but people on TS aren’t all dumb.

Some dudes just can’t fly X hours or do X landings because of their time schedule so they aren’t grade 3 or above, even if they are more professional than half expert users.

You’re just saying that because of others, they couldn’t use a nice feature.

3 Likes

Do you mean something like this:?

11 Likes

This is very needed for realism and has a big yes vote from me

2 Likes

I’ve closed the old one Tim linked above now as this one received some traction now, a couple of more votes and greater detail.

ATC should also say hold short of runway XX.

This would take sometime if it were to be implemented because there are sooo many airports.
But it is making the simulator much more realistic, voted :)

Yes, but of course it would have to be app modified because of copyright issues…

Fine by me. Thought maybe the other one might have had more votes which could have helped to tack on to but either way

Yes please! I had to remove about 5 votes for this but it’s worth it

1 Like

What do you think of my idea?

I know the feeling removing 5 votes to place 1 😒

2 Likes