Airport Jobs (for young folks)

Hey everyone! I’m in high school and still looking to find a job so I can start making my own money and not rely on my parents for everything. Currently, I’m interested in airport jobs (basically anything to do with aviation). I’ve looked at a few already, but they require a HS diploma. My question is, does anyone know some airport jobs that younger people can do? Thanks in advance!

6 Likes

Janitorial work? Doesn’t involve aircraft but gets you into an airport!

4 Likes

I saw @DeerCrusher recommend this the other day but you could wash Cessnas in the summer at a local airport.

5 Likes

As far as working for an airline, I doubt it. Most require a HS diploma and up.
You might be able to stop by your local airport FBO and see if they have any jobs you could take on.

A local FBO where I live always hired HS kids to park cars (valet), used them as assistants with general aviation aircraft, etc.

1 Like

I kind of want to get a job washing aircraft in the summer. I am in middle school but will be in high school next year. What should I do?

What grade are you in

10th

1 Like

Ok

line crew members at FBO OFFICES

I’m almost a certified Marshaller for CAP

2 Likes

At my airport there’s a voulenteer program that help passengers find their way

You kno you can get discounts with your cap card

1 Like

I might actually consider this 🤔

1 Like

Consider what

Oh ok nvm see it

Just look at jobs at airports near you and a list should come up

1 Like

I don’t work either, but a beginner job I would want to be is a ramp or gate agent.

It’s cool that you are looking for a job and trying to help your parents, however, don’t let this get in the way of your academics. It is more important to do well in school than have a job at the moment. If you have the time, then go ahead. Just a recomendation.

6 Likes

Most big FBO jobs require a few things!
High School DP
Drivers license that’s valid
And to be 18 years of age

2 Likes

Easy job, go by simple green and go wash airplanes. You set a price and do a good job you never know who you will run into

1 Like

Hey all,
I’m also interested in an aviation related job… except I live an hour away from my training airport and same for my commercial airport (Sydney) and have no previous experience since I just study being in year 11. Any advice… at all?

1 Like