Airport Charts built into the game

Great idea. One I thought of when I first joined. I am not wanting to be a nay sayer here. Couple of points

1. It costs a lot of time and effort to maintain these charts, especially as there would be over 10,000 different airports each requiring ground, approach and departure references. This is probably not realistic as
  2. There are already a lot of providers of this info today, Jeppesen, Navigraph etc who devote a lot of time and effort to provide this
  3. This, if provided would probably escalate the cost of IF by say 3x
  4. As mentioned before IRL pilots use tablets and phones to access these services/charts whereas a lot of casual users are using these devices as their primary simulator. Cutting out of IF during flight obviously severs the link to the servers for real time.

My recommendation, if you want access to Cameron’s Horizon view in Live Flight it is much cheaper than the cost of other sources and is IF tethered.

I personally subscribe (from my own pocket) to navigraph.com Great resource for most things. Costs $$$ though.

4 Likes

Thank you for recommending the site![quote=“Flying-J, post:20, topic:89998, full:true”]
This is fantastic. Thanks, @GiacomoLaw.
[/quote]

I’m glad you like it!

2 Likes

Do you update the site on a regular basis?

1 Like

Yes, I do.

Feel free to request on the official thread for an airport if you would like one, I don’t want to hijack this thread. :)

1 Like

I think even if you don’t include approach or departure charts cause they may be a bit complicated. Ground charts are definitely needed. To save people parking at wrong gates and allows easy navigation on the ground.

I’d like to see taxiways and the such added to the map. That would be great.

1 Like

With working cockpit instruments it could be implemented on the EFB (on the 787)

2 Likes

Would love this

1 Like

I think this a great idea! So you don’t need to google away to your computer.

1 Like

Ground charts with active players on ALL 3 servers can be found in Live Flight Horizons. The charts draw from the active IF airport library and therefore ALL of the gates show exactly what you will see inside the simulator. You can see if the gate you want to spawn in is actively taken by another player!

2 Likes

Yes, but to acces that you will need a second device which some people may not have. Or leave the app and come back on which people then complain about if you are coming into land. Being built in here would be much better.

True but usually a pilot will do his homework before he lands. :)

1 Like

Indeed, I would hope so as well however he will have to look at the map at some point. And if he looks during his cruise the gate he wants may not be taken and is when he lands.

Well if THAT is what you seek, that is a different story. Being able to view gates as you enter the app using Cameron’s tool would show you whether the gate was taken. Being able to know which gate you should taxi to as you approach would require Ground to direct you to the correct location. IRL Ground Staff man the airport and make sure there are no conflicts! Using Cameron’s app, again there is no reason why (in the fullness of time) ATS could not suggest which gate to dock at?

1 Like

Which website is it in?
I must find out!!!

Panther if you are talking about Cameron’s app, it is an IOS app available from the Apple Store

I think there is already and app { LiveFlight } you can paye if you want and you can see like example . 👉👇 ( amazing)

It’s like the real life airport chart .
Personally I think it not needed because it will take much spaces and it will be hard to load when someone wanna use ) .

1 Like

It IS the IF airport chart. These are extracted dynamically from Infinite Flight. Every spawn point you will find in IF is shown for EVERY airport. LiveFlight IS the Infinite Flight version of FlightRadar24

1 Like

Airport mayhem at KLAX

2 Likes

great idea. but they would also have to update ATC instructions for ground etc which might be a lot of work. also fun flyers would need to understand it so airport diagrams would have t be simplified along with other diagrams. If they made the map like garmin pilot app where you zoom in nd it shows taxiway diagram that might be cool and simple.