Airport and Navigation Updates - March 2021

Thank you to whoever reworked NZCH!

No, it’s a terrain issue which the team can’t fix.

3 Likes

The airport’s altitude is correct, we’ve fixed it several times but no success. This is something out of our control, in other words, something that the IF developers have to look at.

Why can’t the elevation we input overide the terrain?

Hopefully you guys get to KSLC soon

@Apollo_Yuh @Flyspikes to elaborate a bit more around Milford sound NZMF. It is similar to the missing Sugarloaf at Rio. When terrain changes significantly in attitude in a distance that is below the resolution of the terrain model used Details might get lost. Without been a member of IF-LLC I can only guess the effort it might take, but I am sure when it could have been done without a whole (expensive) new terrain model they would have done it.

I am waiting for 3 month ¯_(ツ)_/¯

On each update there is a handful of Russian airports. This month was smaller because one editor went on a different country and the other worked on a large project, ULLI which has been reworked in this this update. 🙃

1 Like

Awesome !!! Thank you for LTBA !!!

Some SID procedures can be included in SID procedures for all runways
For example NE1E (SID) is in KN06E for UUEE

And as the saying goes
If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself.

Amazing work by the IFAET team once again. Something which caught my eye was that VRMM was improved. Can anyone tell me what was improved of the airport? Thanks in advance.

The pavement for the future Runway was added, as well as the related taxiways as far as they are there.
In Addition the East Apron and the new Sout West Terminal Apron was added.
See as well here:

1 Like

Appreciate it! 😊 Not a bad time to renew my subscription!

1 Like

I will fix this! I think Navigraph is wrong! No it is correct. The elevation in IF at this location is 1000ft. The topography is incorrect.

Guess the only way to fix this would be to expand the boundary of the airport to fix the base at 10ft or move the elevation up to 1000ft! Will discuss with the Supervisory team.

4 Likes

@Kilt_McHaggis and @brennanhackard some information you might have missed in this thread.
@brunocr98 wrote before you:

my own elaborate:

It is not the first time that it is raised in the IFC as well:

https://community.infiniteflight.com/search?q=NZMF

25 results, with only 4 not about this bug.

Statement by Schyllberg:

1 Like

Thank you!

The funny thing about this is that 04L/22R is basically left unchanged

When Is the update? How do I get the Airports working? How come I did the directions but it still doesn’t work!?

1 Like

2 Days ago

Just open the app and wait for the nav database to update.

What went wrong?

1 Like

do you know if its updated yet