Airplane nose is up at cruising level

Everytime when im at cruising level, the nose of the airplane is always pitching up, anyone know how?

2 Likes

That could be your autopilot adjusting your set cruising speed.

4 Likes

You are also pretty heavy and maybe FL370 is not the best option…

8 Likes

Welcome to the community! This may be because of your weight as @Matevz_Treven stated, but as you fly and lose weight, it might come down.

2 Likes

Yeah your a little high especially for being that heavy so early on in your flight

7 Likes

Hey there, I’d like to friendly disagree with some comments above. Yes, you might be a little too high and sure the weight of the aircraft does influence the pitch, but IF‘s B747 will always cruise nose up, and not just a bit (I experienced a pitch up to 3.5°). Both 747 and 787 have a rather steep angle during cruise, even when weight, speed, and altitude are perfectly matched. Just continue your journey and enjoy the flight. :)

10 Likes

@Mats on 787, you can use Flaps 5° to decrease nose pitch up. but in other hand the B744 and B748, I agree that it’s always pitch up. i would say the best way to do is plan a step climb

3 Likes

All heavy planes fly with nose up…there’s really nothing you can do about it, but it’s completely normal to have a plane flying with its nose up at cruise!

5 Likes

787 is very pitched up, possibly too much, I think this is a slight physics inaccuracy with this plane.

1 Like

Check out this: Made by DeerCrusher:

Why i don’t tagged his name is because he don’t Get a Message in top right corner

2 Likes

Yes planes cruise with a nose up attitude but in the picture it does seem to be a bit excessive. Follow the step climbing guides that have been posted above.

2 Likes

Would also suggest that the trim needs to be looked at according to the trim tabs in that screenshot…

6 Likes

I put flaps at around 10 or 15, it normally levels out the plane.

1 Like

I wouldn’t also suggest it…I would start there. It’s the most obvious place to start. (Well, low speed, so flaps as well. Either way, shouldn’t be too complicated.)

3 Likes

Hey, welcome to the IFC!

Flaps are probably not the best idea, as posted above, the weight is quite high to be at that FL, step climbing as the weight decreases and use the trim, -/+ until the little pink bar disappears. This will also help reduce the fuel burn as it puts the aircraft into a more aerodynamic position and you won’t be sitting at 90% thrust. The typical cruise speed of the B744 is M0.85.

1 Like

I’ve never heard of using flaps at cruise level, can you explain please?

@CJHoughton never said use flaps at cruise:))

1 Like

Use the trim :)

1 Like

Trim has no effect on autopilot

you can check on the link:

2 Likes