Airplane engine parts fall over Broomfield, CO

Shut up watts 😘
Ik I saw. I just wanted to say what I saw

1 Like

except me, since I’m going tomorrow lol

Anyways, I normally can see this flight heading out from my house since I live close to the ZIMMR2 SID, which the UA flight used, but I was away from home and was unaware of what happened until @Thunderbolt informed me of it.
I’ve been all over this neighborhood where the parts are no, I do not live in the neighborhoods where the parts fell, I’ve just been in that area before and it’s relieving to see the outcome was the most likely best outcome with the situation. It will be interesting to see what the investigation finds.

1 Like

New Development

United Airlines is now grounding all of their 777s with the PW4000s. Here is the statement from United:

This comes after the FAA issued a statement calling on airlines with these engines to immediately inspect the engines on their aircraft.

3 Likes

That was going to be my aircraft until they changed it 2 days before

1 Like

Good job United, taking preemptive action for everyone’s safety. Unfortunate though that they are gonna be grounded.

4 Likes

Also, to add on to my last statement, Japanesse Government is grounding 32 772s with PW4000s from JAL and ANA

1 Like

Seems like a more widespread issue with the PW4000s.

2 Likes

This doesn’t look good for Boeing, even though it’s an engine problem. Hopefully it isn’t a widespread issue

And Japan’s prohibiting all PW4000 Boeing 777s from flying over their airspace.

2 Likes

So a similar incident had happened in Japan prior to the United UA328. According to Nikkei Asia
’ The ministry (of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism) said an engine in the same PW4000 family suffered trouble on a JAL 777 en route to Haneda from Naha on Dec. 4. It ordered stricter inspections in response. ’

I think that’s the reason behind the swift grounding of PW4000 Boeing 777.

1 Like

Idk if its boeing or P&W because P&W’s stock dropped a fair amount but boeing is still at the same amount pretty much…

1 Like

Boeing recommends grounding all P&W 777s

1 Like

Good job Boeing, this is what we like to see!

1 Like

Only PW4070s, they have some PW4090s in their fleet which won’t be grounded as well.

2 Likes

Engine Closeup

Image of damaged fan blades, provided by NTSB, retrieved via Flightradar24 on Twitter.

4 Likes

There is also sufficient fuselage damage, parts of the engine penetrated the underside right next to the wing

This is the damage to the fuselage

3 Likes

Thanks @Thunderbolt for the photo! I could not bear to think about the damaged fuselage caused by the engine explosion. It’s a flying hazard rn - for PW4070s

1 Like