Airplane Boneyard-Kingman Arizona

In Kingman, planes go to die. The lucky instead get a stroke and are put in long-term storage.
So yea, very sad. A lot of CRJ’s and E140’s can be found here, some torn apart and some waiting for their next service.
Enjoy the photos!

Feedback

How Good?

0 voters

Favorite?

0 voters

Thank you!

29 Likes

Is that a DHL A380? Woah, that’s so cool!

4 Likes

Awesome, although I’m now sad 😢

Cool! It’s a shame to see so many classic planes in storage though :/

1 Like

No it’s a DC9

1 Like

Man these are sad photos, the worst sight is seeing a DC-8 or an old 737 rotting and waiting to be scrapped. Awesome photos though, it must’ve been a treat to see those classics, even though they’re in such a sad state.

@Rolls and @Brody_Swiatek, those DHL planes are a DC-8 and an A310 I believe (correct me if I’m wrong on the second one, it may be an A300).

2 Likes

Oh wait, it’s a DHL A220! Haha lol I’m joking.

Nice photos!

3 Likes

Nice photos! As a student pilot, a world away now, Kingman was on my solo cross country. Didn’t know this place existed then.

And to think the most famous scientist at the turn of the century (1901) said human flight was impossible!

3 Likes

Kingman is a very interesting airport, gunners where trained there for the flying fortress

1 Like

Awesome photos! You think you could post a couple E140 pictures?

1 Like

Limit of 10 photos, sorry

1 Like

Love the DC-8 ❤️

2 Likes

Very very dead planes

2 Likes

I don’t know if #1 is my favorite or least favorite 😔

so sad to see dc-8s like that

2 Likes

Weird seeing CRJs, to me they still are relatively new jets.

1 Like

I’m conflicted, because the pictures are beautiful but the actual subject is quite sad to look at. Shame to see so many aircraft just abandoned here. That DHL A300F hits hard for me.

1 Like

I could agree, but some of those CRJ-200s are retired

Is anyone else wondering about the cursed round windows on that CRJ?

Credit: Wikipedia and Brody

2 Likes

Lol, yep I see

Oh noooooooo I thought the rating was your favorite pic so I pressed one and realized it wasn’t 😭😭

1 Like