Airlines

I was wondering, what are the steps to making an Airline?

I saw an A330 for $27 Mil, and was thinking if I save up I can start a mini airline based here in Toronto

2 Likes

Also why does an A330 cost less than an A319???

2 Likes

You might be saving up a while

6 Likes

What ever the steps are, I’m sure there would be 27 million of them I’m afraid. But, if my calculations are correct, if you save $6 a day for 60 years, you eventually have $1 Million dollars.

I recon this should be closed

It’s gonna take money
A whole lot of spending money
It’s gonna take plenty of money
To do it right, child. It’s gonna take time
A whole lot of precious time
It’s gonna take patience and time, um
To do it, to do it, to do it, to do it, to do it
To do it right, child

—Rudy Clark, I Got My Mind Set On You

This quote basically sums up most of the process of making an airline. You’ll need money to buy multiple planes, people to operate the planes, and people to maintain the planes. Then you’ll need financial experts who will help you determine how much money to charge people. Ground staff is important as well, along with a lot of other miscellaneous jobs.

Next, you’ll need atleast 2 airports to fly to/from. Unfortunately, you need to have permission to fly, and most large airports have landing fees, and even fees for keeping your aircraft on the ground. You also have to reserve gates and a lot of other junk.

[insert how to get FAA certified]

You’ll also need advertisement. And people who will find out what routes to start.

Ultimately, you need money and time.

2 Likes

Dang. Guess StarPort Won’t be an airline after all (ik the name is horrible)

A mod can close this sucker up now.

If you are looking at starting a business then chartering in aircraft and crew ( callee dry and wet leasing) is a much more efficient way of starting an airline. However it will take a lot of hard work and experience to do it.

2 Likes

Who says you can’t? There’s always a small chance that you can however, let me remind you:

A330

A319

So, remember Cobalt Air had only a few A319 and went…
But, Best of luck!
Also maintenance costs of aircraft. Also lease is better for start-up airline.

2 Likes