Airlines Suspend China, Italy, Japan & South Korea Flights - Coronavirus

(Beijing Daxing by CNBC)

More airlines are suspending flights to China.

ALL China to U.S. flights will be limited to eleven airports only:

• Atlanta: Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL)
  • Dallas/Fort Worth: Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) Beginning Feb. 3 at 7:30 a.m. ET
  • Detroit: Detroit Metropolitan Airport (DTW) Beginning Feb. 3 at 7:30 a.m. ET
  • Newark, NJ: Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) Beginning Feb. 3 at 6:30 a.m. ET
  • Honolulu: Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (HNL)
  • New York City: John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
  • Los Angeles: Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
  • Chicago: Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
  • Seattle: Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
  • San Francisco: San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
  • Washington, D.C.: Washington-Dulles International Airport (IAD)

Update 2/26/20:

South Korea suspensions begin.

Delta has now announced Seoul to Seattle/Atlanta/Detroit will decrease to 5x weekly from 7x.

Minneapolis to Seoul suspended.

Seoul to Manila has been delayed from March 29 to May 1.

2/28/20:

United Airlines is suspending more Asia flights, including Tokyo, Japan:

IAH/LAX-NRT - suspended 3/8-4/24
ORD-NRT - suspended 3/8-4/27 (HND launches March still)
EWR-NRT - reduced 5x weekly 3/28-4/24
SFO-KIX - reduced 5x weekly 3/28-4/24
SFO-SIN - reduced to 7x weekly 3/8-4/2
SFO-ICN - reduced to 3x weekly 3/8-4/30
HNL-NRT - downgauge to 787-8 eff April
SFO-TPE - downgauged to 787-9 March-April

2/29/20:

American Airlines becomes the first U.S. carrier to suspend flights to an Italian city.

From today until April 25, American will suspend its New York/Miami to Milan flights. Rome will continue to operate.

32 Likes

Lufthansa just announced it will suspend China flights as well. Swiss and Austrian confirmed to suspend China as well.

1 Like

Well that sucks…, your brand new terminal is finished. Are airlines announcing to temporarily cancel flights to your airport…

1 Like

American Airlines is the next airline to suspend specific China flights.

• Set to suspend Los Angeles to Beijing/Shanghai between February 9 and March 27. Unconfirmed if Dallas/Fort Worth will also be suspended.
  • At the moment, Los Angeles to Shanghai has been removed from bookings but LAX-PEK, DFW-PEK/PVG are still available.
  • AA will continue to fly to Hong Kong.
1 Like

Pretty sure United has too now. Not positive though, but might want to update

Air Canada as well has suspended flights to China. And the companies shares have dropped some like 10% since jan 20th when it was confirmed that a flight from China had an infected passenger.

2 Likes

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/air-canada-among-airlines-cancelling-flights-to-china-over-coronavirus-fears AS @Alphadog4646 has said Air Canada suspeneded China flights

1 Like

They cancelled select flights, but there was a separate thread so I excluded it

1 Like

Ahh Gocha.

Ok super dumb question. I have a package arriving via Fedex, and the package is still in China in some warehouse, probably to fly here within the next few days. Do you think it’s safe to say it’ll make it to the states? Or do you think fedex will cancel flights soon…

1 Like

It should be able to continue. I don’t think FedEx is planning on suspending anytime soon. They’re even helping ship medical supplies throughout China.

1 Like

KLM also suspended their flights but will only fly daily to Shanghai…

I think they’re only suspending Chengdu, Xiamen and Hangzhou and will reduce Shanghai from 11 weekly to 7 weekly. Interestingly, they’ll continue to fly to Beijing.

2 Likes

Got the information from this source… I also looked for flights to China from Amsterdam and they all only went to Pundong Int’l airport.

Yeah, that says all seven weekly flights to Beijing will continue as planned while PVG reduces and CTU, HGH, and XMN are suspended.

1 Like

Oh wow that’s really interesting. I guess we can’t just completely cut off people living in China. Thank you!

1 Like

Very interesting!

I feel very strongly that a domino effect is incoming. More and more airlines are gonna withdraw as the outbreak is only getting worse. That’s pretty tough as China is needed for so many things

Delta has announced it will reduce China flights from 42 weekly frequencies to 21 weekly frequencies from February 6 to April 30.

No routes will actually be cut. They’ll go from daily to 3-4x weekly.

People are beginning to experience package delays.

https://www.supplychainquarterly.com/news/20200129-coronavirus-delays-international-shipments-amid-closures-and-quarantines/

1 Like