Airline Route Announcement Tracking Thread

Airline Route Announcement Tracking Thread

Hey everybody! Welcome to the Airline Route Announcement Tracking Thread. This is a place to share the new routes that airlines around the world announce. I thought it would be fun to have a place for discussion of these instead of making a different topic for each.

Please no spamming, as it results your post getting flagged.

Avoid posting off-topic, as it doesn’t help with the thread.

To start off, here is an example:

Have fun posting everyone!

28 Likes

Wow this is an interesting thread! I already know I’ll be spending quite some time here!

4 Likes

One I found interesting was Hawaiian are starting their routes back to the Cook Islands.

Also does this thread include the reopening of temporarily closed routes too?

8 Likes

This is probably old news at this stage, but Qantas has just started QF61 from Brisbane to Tokyo Haneda yesterday after 2 years (was stopped in 2020 due to the pandemic) with the A330-200. Previously, Qantas flew from Brisbane to Tokyo Narita.

6 Likes

Recently made a topic about this one.

6 Likes

Air India is restarting BLR-SFO, and also launching Mumbai-San Francisco soon,thanks to them acquiring Ex-Delta B777-200LR

3 Likes

Air Arabia is inaugurating nonstop flights between Sharjah (SHJ) and Milan Bergamo (BGY) on December 7th, using their new A321neo LR on this 7-hour flight.

More here:

4 Likes

Great thread mate! I did a post on this a bit ago.

Finnair has started / will start operating to Doha from four cities in the nordic countries. They are already operating flights from Copehangen and Stockholm to Doha. Helsinki will start about half way through December. The fourth destination is unknown, although, people suspect that it will be Oslo.

All of these flights are / will be operated once a day for at least a few years.

These routes are part of cooperation between Finnair and Qatar both of them being One World members. To my knowledge, Qatar is trying to build some kind of One World base in Doha. If you know more about this, let me know.

All of the flights will be operated by the A330-300, a trusted Finnair workhorse.

2 Likes

Well this is interesting, Delta announced DTW-KEF just days after Icelandair did. The service, operated by a 752 will complement Deltas JFK and MSP to KEF flights.

4 Likes

Norse Atlantic Airways announced new routes today.

These routes are expected to start in the summer of 2023.

• Boston
  • Dublin
  • Washington Dulles
  • Paris

And from these four airports, Norse Atlantic Airways plans to launch these 5 routes.

• Dublin to Boston | DUB-BOS
  • Dublin to New York | DUB-JFK
  • London to Boston | LGW-BOS
  • London to Washington | LGW-IAD
  • Paris to New York | CDG-JFK

7 Likes

Couple weeks old but relevant…

5 Likes

Philippine Airlines are launching a new routing from Manila to Perth. It is expected to be flown on their new A321neo’s.

https://www.philippineairlines.com/en/newsevent-listingpage/press-releases-statements/philippine-airlines-to-fly-nonstop-to-perth-from-march-2023

2 Likes

Northeast Alliance Adds New Routes!

The Jetblue and American friendship seems to be going strong! With both airlines adding new routes from their eastern hubs:

American new routes

From New York/LGA:

Airline Route Aircraft Start Date
American Birmingham E175 May 5, 2023
American Buffalo E175 May 5, 2023
American Grand Rapids E175 May 5, 2023
American Greenville/Spartanburg E175 May 5, 2023
American Knoxville E175 May 5, 2023
JetBlue Atlanta N/A* Summer 2023**
JetBlue Hyannis N/A* Summer 2023**
JetBlue Bermuda N/A* Summer 2023**
JetBlue Nassau N/A* Summer 2023**

In addition to this American will add frequencies on BOS-SDF and make LGA-AVL year-round. JetBlue will also add service between Boston and Vancouver

https://www.routesonline.com/news/29/breaking-news/299082/american-jetblue-to-grow-northeast-alliance-in-2023/#:~:text=For%20the%20summer%202023%20season%2C%20JetBlue%20will%20open%20four%20new,Bahamas%20(1X-daily).

*After some research, I could not find the aircraft operatig these routes
**Again, not said on the start date on JetBlue’s new routes

4 Likes

LATAM has announced new services between Los Angeles and São Paulo starting in July 2023!

2 Likes

Air Arabia recently announced that it will resume operations to the capital city of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, through direct flights between Sharjah International Airport (SHJ) to Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KUL), operated on its A321neo LR aircraft. The initial frequency of these flights would be thrice weekly, beginning on March 20, 2023.

Might’ve been slightly late with this, but for me personally, this is significant

1 Like

A bit old, but Norwegian will start serving Bucharest from Oslo starting from June 23, 2023, to supplement the lost service that Blue Air has left.

1 Like

In an effort to further diversify their route network away from Zagreb where Ryanair has become a big threat, Croatia is now also launching flights from Brac to Munich after they previously already started operating on the Osijek to Munich leg. Both flights are operated by the airlines’ workhorse, the Q400. It will be interesting to see how they’ll serve such thin routes once the larger A220s arrive.

1 Like

Nothing from the airline yet (probably will announce officially in a couple hours or so), but Norse’s next New York route is Rome, bookable on their website starting June 20th.

3 Likes

It is starting to feel like a JFK base would’ve been more sustainable for Norse lmao

They have a crew base at JFK