Aircraft Wifi Pods Original Request Updated

I would like to update my request which is the original request on the forum https://community.infiniteflight.com/t/wifi-pod-included-with-737-update/230024?u=james_browne
with some new info.

What are wifi pods?
Wifi Pods are used on aircraft for the inflight entertainment system and for the wifi airlines offer you. You can access this wifi with any device however it is a little expensive because Aircraft wifi works off Satellite Wifi which costs airlines lots of money.

How do wifi pods work?
Satellite Ku-band service which is popular with most airline internet suppliers such as Panasonic. The Ku-Band satellite wifi covers a much greater area which keeps you connected when flying out of range of ground-based cell towers. The Ku-band antenna is housed in a pod which sits on top of the aircraft at the rear. When the Antenna picks up the satellite signal, Users are provided with internet speeds around 30-40Mbps.

Airlines who offer inflight wifi

• Aer Lingus
  • Aeroflot
  • Aerolineas Argentinas
  • Aeromexico
  • Air Canada
  • Air China
  • Air France
  • Alaskan Air
  • All Nippon Airways
  • American Airlines
  • Alitalia
  • British Airways
  • Cebu Pacific Air
  • China Airlines
  • China Eastern
  • Condor Flugdienst
  • Delta Airlines
  • Emirates
  • Etihad
  • EVA Air
  • Finnair
  • Garuda Indonesia
  • Gulf Air
  • Iberia
  • Icelandair
  • Japan Airlines
  • JetBlue Airways
  • Kenya Airway
  • KLM Airlines
  • Lufthansa
  • Nok Air
  • Norwegian Air Shuttle
  • Oman Air
  • Philippine Airlines
  • Qantas
  • Qatar Airways
  • Saudi Airlines
  • Scandinavian Airlines (SAS)
  • Scoot Airlines
  • Singapore Airlines
  • Southwest Airlines
  • SriLankan Airlines
  • Swiss International Airlines
  • TAM Airlines
  • TAP Portugal
  • Thai Airways
  • Turkish Airlines
  • United Airlines
  • Virgin America
  • Virgin Atlantic
  • Air New Zealand
  • Vueling Airlines
  • WestJet

Aircraft equipped with wifi
The aircraft listed below might not be available on that aircraft depending on your airline and route

Airbus Aircraft

• Airbus A318
  • Airbus A319
  • Airbus A220
  • Airbus A320
  • Airbus A330
  • Airbus A340
  • Airbus A350
  • Airbus A380

Boeing Aircraft

• Boeing 737
  • Boeing 767
  • Boeing 777
  • Boeing 787
  • Boeing 797 (when commercial operations begin)

Embraer

Why I believe it would be a great addition when the full rework of aircraft which are equipped with this pod happens

The wifi pod would give the aircraft a more realistic look in Infinite Flight and could also be an opportunity to add a picture on the IFE screen in the aircraft which would make it a lot more realistic than pictures on the screens and no pod. A simple add-on but also an important addition to these aircraft.

Bosse737maxWifi-Image2

Please Note this is an updated request, not a new request!

Wifi Domes
Wifi pod included with 737 update
WiFi antennas?

If only we were allowed to use 4G LTE on planes… lol

4 Likes

Lol 5G would be even better 😂 most countries dont even have 5G

1 Like

I know Poland has it… I have a normal wifi network and a 5G wi-fi network at home

1 Like

Sorry dude. I was wrong. Your original was closed like 40 mins ago. Just saw it sorry. @James_Browne

1 Like

That’s 5ghz WiFi. Completely different thing than 5G, which by the way will never work on an airplane. Cellular networks are not built that way.

9 Likes

Oh sorry, I completely forgot.

1 Like

Whats the difference between the two 5G networks? is one just wifi and one cellular?

No problem all good 👌🏼

1 Like

Two completely different technologies. Apples and oranges.

3 Likes

Finally! An in depth request. This would be a small, uit cool feature to implement.

1 Like

Or scammy 5g e that AT&T gave me. It’s literally the same lol

2 Likes

Nice idea!

1 Like

I heard some company in America i think AT&T offered 5G which was really 4G but was sold as 5G they even got apple to change the logo on their phones to say 5G with that sim card

1 Like

It’s a bit off-topic now but… 5G doesn’t exist yet, it’s still in the experimental stage. Ans even so, it will mostly be a machine to machine thing. Consumers won’t need the benefits of it. PM me if you have any more questions about it :)

5 Likes

ok will do i think all my questions are answered for now

1 Like

Oh we so need this! I like the look of them, most don’t. I’d vote but I’m out. Please know I have full support for this!

2 Likes

It certainly would add realism, but is it just for the 737, or for all aircraft that should have WiFi Pods?

1 Like

All, 737 picture is just a example. If you read my reason why you would have seen that its not just the 737 ;)

1 Like