Aircraft to Airport Class Lookup Table

Does anyone know or have a lookup which states which aircraft are allowed to land on each type of runway? E.g. Bravo, Charlie, Delta?

3 Likes

I think you can fly a 737 at a delta airport.

1 Like

Depends on the runway length?

3 Likes

Ok so for example A380 = Bravo
A321= Charlie

The program itself will not let you start at an incorrect airport and will also give you a violation if you land at an incorrect runway. Is there a definitive list which says which aircraft are allowed. One obviously exists within the programming?

I would expect this to be available as a help for new people so they know what to expect.

When you’re playing IF you can open the map. Depending on what aircraft you’re flying, you cannot land at an airport if the ICAO codes are in orange

1 Like

The A380 was able to land at KOSH a few years back for the air show so it all depends on the weight of the aircraft and the elevation of the runway. For example while KASE has a decent sized runway almost no aircraft in Infinite Flight can take off of it due to its high elevation and the air being less dense. :)

2 Likes

The only violation restrictions on this in IF is that smaller airports will not accept heavy aircraft (larger than a 737-900 or an A321). I think they took out the orange airport code, at least in Live, but you can check to make sure your destination airport is acceptable by holding the “map” button, sliding it to “map+info”, and clicking the airport. If your plane is too large it will say something like that in the info bar.

OK so I took the time and went into live mode with each aircraft to see what restrictions are in place. The following aircraft can ONLY fly from BRAVO and CHARLIE runways without incurring violations. The rest can fly anywhere any time. THis does NOT mean it is safe to do so. For example landing a Boeing 737-900 at a class ECHO runway would not be recommended.

Airbus A330-200F
Airbus A330-300
Airbus A340-600
Airbus A380-800
Boeing 747-AF1
Boeing 747-200
Boeing 747-400
Boeing 747-8
Boeing 747-SCA
Boeing 747-SOFIA
Boeing 757-200
Boeing 767-300
Boeing 777-200ER
Boeing 777-200F
Boeing 777-300ER
Boeing 787-900
Boeing C17 Globemaster

I am now adding this info to my Excel Random Flight Generator so that now with one click of the button it will recommend a random plane, departure and destination whilst ensuring that the ‘challenge’ is reasonable to fulfil. Echo class and Grass strips are not included in my model. :)

There you go :)

1 Like

Yup just found out… Thanx

1 year later…

I think that’s a bit of necroposting…just gonna put it that way

1 Like