Aircraft Taxi Lights

Yep this and working landing lights would be amazing but sadly most just want to see aircraft updates and we need METAL to make this happen as devs have stated. But I much rather see stuff like real landing lights, taxi lights airport lights, and clouds. But we need METAL…( wait and see type thing I guess) :)

3 Likes

Honestly, I didn’t really think something as basic as this is missing and there needs to be a topic for it. Is there a reason it was left out initially…I can’t quite understand why.

3 Likes

Me too, I don’t know why something way more easy to add to the aircrafts in comparison to airport taxi way lights couldn’t be added, and it’s been asked since 2016.

The developers if I’m not mistaken, haven’t said anything about aircraft taxi lights…

1 Like

They have, Aircraft taxi lights will need the function «dynamic lightning» which will be possible with Metal

You can still have lights that don’t reflect on the ground without the new lighting system, just as we have now.

But the lights we have now won’t light up the ground and taxi Lines.

This is one of many reasons why I brought forth the notion of possibly bringing attention to lighting in airports within my tutorial: To see or not to see, that is the question: Airport Lighting Tutorial

Primarily as a tutorial for those interested in learning about airport lighting, in addition with a hopeful aim to bring attention to the necessity and possibly eventual addition to the use of airport lighting during night operations.

I wonder if project metal will improve the aircraft lights or make them reflect so we can see better at night without having to burn our eyes with high screen brightness to navigate through taxiways

however that also rises the question of how the low budget 4/5 years old and mid tier devices will handle all the changes! but looking at the recent updates with working cockpits it seems like IF team are trying to stay true to the idea of optimizing the app so it can still run on both low tier to high end devices which is much appreciated ^^

3 Likes

Big change if they add that
But I would like to see to the reflection of the aircraft lights on the ground

2 Likes

really needed

1 Like

Absolutely I voted for this, we need it on IFS 👀😬

2 Likes

Although I absolutely agree with this post, there’s absolutely no point of adding them until the taxiway lights are implemented in project metal (think it’s called that).
I say this because infinite flight will need to implement new graphics anyways and therefore the lights the aircraft taxi lights will produce to light up the taxi way will probably be hard to implement with current graphics.

(I was the person who made this request)

The request is 4.5 years old - in that time IF could’ve implemented this similarly to how the other lights are shown at present. Project Metal is really needed to make all of the lights actually useful in illuminating the ground, so I do hope this is added with the update. Considering IF’s track record, I wouldn’t expect it.

We really need all lights’ rework because taxiing is not possible at nights. When I open landing lights, it doesn’t brighten the way, it only brighten itself.

3 Likes

At this point, we’re all just waiting for Project Metal, which will make illumination of the ground possible. Whether that comes in the next year, or the next 5 years.

3 Likes

It is soooooooo × ∞ long to time to wait!

2 Likes

Yes I know, it’s taking so long, but I bet it will worth it, Can’t wait to see lights illuminate the ground, including aircraft taxi lights, strobe lights, beacon lights, logo lights, PAPI lights, etc

Image that 😍
image image

2 Likes