Aircraft Taxi Lights

Once again this is being requested because posts about it have been old and closed. Taxi lights would be a great option instead of using landing lights for taxiing, because we are supposed to turn them off when exiting the runway and just use taxi lights. But without them there is no light to taxi (see picture of taxi/landing lights below).
This would also help with realism, using checklists and for better light when taxiing (while not blinding the pilot ahead)

39 Likes

I completely agree, in real, taxi lights are much weaker than landing lights and landing light are REALLY blinding when on the ground, I dare you stand in front of a380 with its taxi lights on, you will go blind

30 Likes

The title is very misleading… done :)

5 Likes

No, just taxi lights. I’m not sure if there are more taxi lights than just on the nose gear. The old topic is below.

4 Likes

What about the ones on the airport? :)

3 Likes

No, they are taxiway lights. These are taxi lights (on aircraft)

9 Likes

Another thing, in some planes in the infinite flight, so have lights on the wings, and do not have the front landing gear, it needs to be fixed.

10 Likes

Splendid feature request!

4 Likes

I would really love to see these with the Taxiway Lights. And hopefully they both light up the taxiway properly.

5 Likes

Yes I want this so badly is not that hard to do for the Devs I think
Hope we can get this in next update!!

3 Likes

Love it and would be cool if at night you could see the ground with them

4 Likes

I think this is how it should be in my mind since this is where the lights and other stuff is and not controlling the plane

6 Likes

But they’re not really related to the engine or aircraft controls are they? They’re more just for looks and sounds :-)

1 Like

Well that’s where I think it should be

2 Likes

This would be just perfect for night flying. Voted.

3 Likes

Brilliant!

I taxi around with my Landing alights people probably thinking ‘What a noob!’

Thanks for bringing this up VOTED

4 Likes

Earned my vote. Would add lots of realism to IF.

2 Likes

Sometimes the lack of attention to detail disappoints me about IF. I really don’t know why the developers initially omitted this basic prerequisite for all planes.

6 Likes

I know they adding 787s md11 but they not fixing all the aircraft we have now like 737 no tail light and cockpit lights

2 Likes

It would be great to see taxi lights on aircrafts. Although we can’t see other aircraft’s landing and strobe lights from the cockpit we need to get this fixed first :)

3 Likes