Aircraft size restriction question

I am coming in to land at KHIO and I tuned to ATIS and it says aircraft size restrictions in effect. Can I still land there. I’m in the X cub and I’m not sure if the Cub is allowed to land there.

If the ATIS says “no small aircraft allowed” no GA plane can not land there. If it says “aircraft restrictions in affect” it is referring to heavies or bigger aircraft. You can land. 🙂

2 Likes

Ok. So basically it will say the type of aircraft that can’t land there if your in an aircraft that can’t land there.

Not always does it refer to only heavies, some airports can’t handle more than an A321/757.

2 Likes

Correct, it also depends on the airport size. 🙂

1 Like

Affirmative. One of the beautiful features of ATIS.

1 Like

It won’t tell you what aircraft can or cannot land there, the only way ATIS can specify the type of aircraft that is denied is by denying light aircraft, but in this case you will have to check in with the airport tower to find out if your aircraft in specific is allowed or not, but when that is on ATIS you can expect no larger than a 757 and A321 in general but as i said above, you’ll have to contact tower so you know exactly if you are allowed or not.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.