Aircraft Restrictions: NOTAM; General Public Display: Example: Unpublished KASE/KEGE NOTAM

@Tbynum94. I wish you IFATC would stop chiming in. Neither Joe or AR need your help. Want to discuss it, meet me on a PM. MADMax Sends

1 Like

Sorry I think I misunderstood your last comment. It should show as a red ring on the map. Click anywhere on the map in the ring and it should let you view the info.

@AR_AR. “Join them”. Join who?

So you can state your opinion but i cant. Seems like a double standards to me.

2 Likes

AR_Ar. No. TFR Rings apparant on my Chart!

TFR?

We don’t need no stinkin’ TFR! :D

1 Like

Hmmm weird. What device are you using?

2 Likes

Since a TFR is a Temporary Flight Restriction, you’re probably better off letting people smash into the mountains everyone is talking about or letting people barely clear it.

The 787 has double the MTOW of the 757, but the 787 has nearly 1.5x the thrust.

787 required MTOW runway length at high thrust: 8,500ft
757 required MTOW runway length: 7,800ft

KASE is 8,000ft (barely enough for the 757)
KEGE is 9,000ft (OK for the 787 and safe for the 757)

If they climb at Vx, there shouldn’t be a problem with the mountain, especially if they set up for a super short field takeoff.

1 Like

Is your calculation based off of the 7,800 ft airport level or sea level?

3 Likes

Depends on OAT. ;)

1 Like

SL, 86*F MTOW and a bowl of Cheerios in the morning.

Edit: @Brandon_Sandstrom, if you throw the better engines on, you save about 1,000ft required for MTOW.

3 Likes

Why are we focused on runway length? Max wingspan of aircraft allowed at ASE is 118ft…

4 Likes

Then by this token let’s go full bore realism and restrict max to ERJ/CRJ’s as biggest in/out as these are what flies in and out of these airports (Until Ski season, and then add 73x, A319)

4 Likes

MaxSez: How about those military airports that permanently restrict Civilian aircraft except in emergencies & preapproval. San Clemente comes to mind!
Also the Perminant Restriction at D.C. ya gonna do Red Circles do them all. I’m for real realism. (Red Circles on the Chart and an explanation in Info is better than a NOTAM. I’ll settle for a circle vice a NOTAM.)

2 Likes

I think this could also help, when it’s feasible to implement it.

@Jan… MaxSez: Note the new KASE Header and Chart annotation/info block.
Regards,

I know. But wouldn’t it help if the IF interface just left out fields like KASE when the chosen aircraft is too big? It would solve spawning issues. That’s also part of the issue, right?
Bigger aircraft would be automatically be restricted from too small fields, which solves part of the NOTAM, right?

@Jan. MaxSez: IF used the “KISS” Principle and that’s a good thing. Consider the expertise of the Fledglings and casual users. Think Revenue!

Hmmm. Point taken.
Thanks!

Maybe it could be implemented on the Expert server only?

1 Like

Love it, but as with anyone else suggest new TFR, I’d say give it some time or at least Global Release first.

1 Like