Aircraft Restrictions: NOTAM; General Public Display: Example: Unpublished KASE/KEGE NOTAM

@Joe info: @Zachary_Meir_Tish @Carson.

MaxSez: 6 Days ago Mr.Tish published a restrictive NOTAM for KASE & KEGE that apparently was released to IFATC"s only as a comment in the Topic cited below. During discussions it was recommended that such NOTAM’s be publicly posted and prominently displayed for general viewing by the community. What is the status of that recommendation and when can we anticipate a decision?

Continuing the discussion from Being Told a Plane is Too Large When it Isn't:

2 Likes

Let me check up on that for you.

1 Like

This was posted publically as part of a FNF.

3 Likes

@Joe. Noted. Looked (ing) for a publicly displayed NOTAM Placard as recommended. I and most of us don’t read fine print for Events unless intending to participate, schedule permitting… A “NOTAM” is a horse of a different color. In this case it’s “Must Know” Operational Data. Pleased your still working it. Please expedite at best forward speed! Regards all concerned. Max Sends

6 Likes

Can’t we just stick to common sense and not try to fly fully loaded A380’s out of KASE for the sake of…not crashing into a mountain?

2 Likes

@zbelle. MaxSez: Interesting & correct observation! However , this Topic deals with Publicly Posted NOTAM’s for future Flight Restrictions, ATC Rule Changes and add on violations. No more surprises or gotya’s is the intent of this missive.

1 Like

I meant instead of instituting violations (for everything now), If common sense may prevail instead as it is nice to be able to pull the occasional lightly loaded “heavy” out of the 14’ers.

2 Likes

KASE is open NOW how about you come fly instead of arguing

1 Like

I like arguing.

What server?

1 Like

Expert!!!

2 Likes

MaxSez: Ya gotta Lov it!

TFR has been put in place to restrict aircraft at KASE and KEGE. :)

1 Like

AR_AR:… MaxSez: old KASE Restriction in place! Where’s the NOTAM or Gerneral Prrmrnant announcement to Pilots’s. Search Archive Nada!..
2300 here, Gone to bed. Later…

Did you see the TFR in place?

I know. We need a better place to refer pilots to. Need pilots to see these docs before pressing the fly button. At least this TFR is shown in the app for all pilots. Getting closer to a good solution.

1 Like

Pretty noticeable to me…

1 Like

I’ll still bring in a 763. :)

@Joe@AR_AR… just checked the Airport info tab on all servers this NOTAM does not appear for KASE. I have the latest Chang and hot fix. Even if it did not publicly announcing it it insufficient. IF NOTAM are to appear in info a general alert should be publisised and archived when retired or change. Max

You need to join to see them. Agreed, it should show before pressing the fly button.

3 Likes