Aircraft Range

I really think we will need this so we don’t screw up our flights by flying with an aircraft that doesn’t have enough fuel to get to the designated destination.

2 Likes

GENUS absolute GENUS

2 Likes

That would be great, even though range is something very flexible. In my opinion, this feature wouldn’t work unless they show the maximum range given a configuration (passengers and cargo).
Imagine some guy checking the maximum range in the menu, then flying with Max cargo and passengers (below MTOW of course). There would be a lot of newbies saying “I ran out of fuel, but I was far from my maximum range”.

3 Likes

It would be a huge plus if this feature would also integrate a range map based on the selected airfield. Something like this:

11 Likes

That would be because of poor planning on their end.

4 Likes

I really don’t think this is necessary. Honestly, just eyeball it. You wanna fly 6 hours on a 737? That’s risky, but you could do it. You wanna go LHR-LAX with your A319? Don’t. Again, just eyeball it.

1 Like

I’ll let my passenger’s know that I eyeballed the amount of fuel we need for our flight. Sounds like a well thought out solution.

11 Likes

Fuel and range are 2 different things.

1 Like

You can’t get anywhere without fuel. And without fuel, you have no range. 😉 I agree with you, they are two completely different things, but one needs the other.

2 Likes

Range is how much the aircraft can fly. You calculate the fuel you need for your flight assuming that you have the range.

1 Like

Not going to argue this any further, but I will say it is never the right decision to assume in the world of aviation. You either know, or you don’t know. You either go or don’t go. ✈️

3 Likes

I’m out of votes but I vote for this. Not a bad idea!

1 Like

@DeerCrusher CRUSHING it tonight. This is a great feature. Simple yet it would help a lot with planning.

2 Likes

This was worth removing my vote for a previous feature request

2 Likes

Implement this to this feature request and we have a winner.

2 Likes

I had to remove a vote for this. This can also help when someone is trying to fly, for example, a Cessna 208 from LAX to Sydney! Lol!

2 Likes

I can totally see someone trying to fly a smaller aircraft a distance it’s not meant to fly.

Cessnas flying from Dubai to Auckland…you’d think they could carry the fuel tank of an A380 right?

Anyway, I forgot who said this, where or even when (I think it was Laura), aircraft will have their individual ranges based on the amount of fuel you’re using.
2 Likes

Random note im going to try to fly from auckland to london derict with a 777-200LR full tanks no passengers/cargo

I was thinking of something like this:

5 Likes