Aircraft pitching too high?

I was wondering why does my aircraft pitch when I ascend and cruise? For example, after take off I’m around 4500 feet retracting my flaps at a speed of around 210 knots and when I’m ascending to my cruising altitude the aircraft looks like it’s going to stall but it’s not. I use trim 20-30% depending and my VS is 2500 until 10000ft and after 10000ft I lower it to 1600 and after I hit 28000ft, I lower it down to 250 until I hit my cruising altitude. Is there something I’m doing wrong that my plane looks like it’s pitching up and looks like it’s about to stall?

It is natural for the plane to pitch between 0-5 degrees

1 Like

Is this specific to one aircraft, or all aircraft? If it is one, which aircraft is it?

1 Like

It pitches more than 5 degrees. The plane looks like it’s about to stall but it don’t

It’s happened in the 737-800 a couple of times and the 737- 900

1 Like

In general, all planes will pitch up regardless of size

1 Like

So it’s nothing to worry about?

No they won’t, for example the physics of the a380 cause it to pitch down

1 Like

Make sure your aircraft is not to heavy, you may be to heavy for that altitude.

I’ve linked similar topics below, you may find better answers there

2 Likes

U should lower VS to lower the pitch, 2500fpm is too much, try 1500-2000fpm (VS should be determined with regards to your weight as well). Depending on the aircraft you’re using some of them are old and have issues like 747 and A380. That’s not something we can fix.

Sometimes you also gotta tell when you have to retract the flaps, when you see the flight path and the nose getting closer and closer as you speed up, that’s when you should start retracting flaps.

1 Like

2500fpm on climb is not an issue at all depending on the aircraft…

3 Likes

I assume he was flying a heavy aircraft.

1 Like

I would say that VS 2500 is ok at 240kt AS but a bit too much at 210kt.

1 Like

No the aircraft wasn’t to heavy or to light and I did lower the vs but it kept pitching up. I lowered to vs to around 1600 to see if anything would happen but it still looked like it was going to stall. This was on a 737 by the way

It seemed fine to me as I was in a 738 and I normally use 2500 to climb out straight after takeoff with roughly 210-220 knots

Allright then! I practice more the A3xx and noticed that more than 2000kt/min at lowish AS sometimes lead to a bit too high nose attitude, so I speed up!

1 Like

I keep on saying this and everybody ignores me, for the best flight experience you have to trim your aircraft. A lot of complaints about flight dynamics and physics can be solve through proper knowledge and application of trim during various stages of flight.

2 Likes

I understand your point! The main problem is that when you " fly" for Armchair Airways, you can feel neither the plane beneath you nor the yoke pressure in your hands, hence the weak ability of most of us to trim correctly or propetly land in crosswind… I wish I’d fly for real like you!
Best pitching/trimming/landing to all!

1 Like

I do trim the aircraft. I said it In the first paragraph that I trim my aircraft when I change vs and as I’m going to my cruising altitude

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.