Aircraft Mechanics

Any fellow A&P’s, flight engineers, and/or military mechanics out there? Got to keep those pilots and airplanes flying safely and quickly.

6 Likes

Personally I’ve never seen a Mechanic on IFC, I’ve seen CRJ pilots a Lufthansa 747 pilot but not a Mechanic ever.

3 Likes

I’m surprised. I would’ve thought more mechanics and pilots would be on here.

2 Likes

There’s bunch of pilots here ranging from Cessnas to A380 pilots.

2 Likes

My bad, meant to only say mechanics.

I’ve seen one other mechanic on here for sure. Guess I’m the second if I want to count myself.

2 Likes

Fun fact about me:

I had planned work experience for a 6 week starter period in maintaining and flying Crystal Air Cessna 152’s. I went for the interview, and had a date booked to start… Unfortunately the CEO of the business was Russian, and didn’t realise I was 15 at the time… That quickly made her change her mind. Both the employer/interviewer and everyone else was greatly saddened.

I’ll be trying again though sometime, since now I’m 16 and can be legally employed 😛, than just work experience.

8 Likes

That sounds awesome, sad you couldn’t get it. What would they have had you doing.

1 Like

Im studying for AME

1 Like

@Leonard_Paulson topic for you 🙂

2 Likes

That’s really cool. I’m going to be a TI, I’m currently a mechanic in my unit, and I’m wanting to translate it to an A&P sometime soon. I’m assuming you’re not in the US since you mentioned AME.

1 Like

Basically would’ve just been preparing and maintaining a bunch of Cessna 152’s for use across South East England. Also would’ve been flying to test them and also to practise since the employer was also a certified instructor.

The ‘airport’ is basically just a very hilly field with a small hangar on a farm. That would’ve gained some great experience and training on such a interesting runway.

Here’s a video I linked of a landing and departure here (not mine), and a personal picture from G-BSTP, the Cessna 152 I fly for my lessons.

The airport (Spilstead Farm), does not have an ICAO, therefore cannot be put into Infinite Flight sadly.

Feel free to PM me about anything regarding my flight training or any general questions you have. I’ve practically explained all I know about my possible work experience I could’ve had.

3 Likes

Will do. Seems like a nice quiet airfield to fly to and from.

1 Like

Hello Andre, what can I do for you

Dwayne

2 Likes

Aviationguy asked if there are aircraft engineers/mechanics here on ifc, and you are one 🙂

1 Like

What’re the regs for civilian pilot licenses in the UK

I’m from India

1 Like

Saying hello

Pretty neat. How does the maintenance program fair over there?

@Brandon_Sandstrom is an A&P mechanic. I haven’t seen him in a while, but I know he pops his head in from time to time.