Aircraft future

Recently the airbus a220 has been turning heads and now everyone thinks that there future of flights is the spoke to spoke system.That will definitely makes such large aircraft as a380 and 747 not efficient.what do you think of the future with such airplanes a a220?

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

So what am I allowed

2 Likes

This was general

2 Likes

_a a220 would be good. But is it safe? _

1 Like

You posted in #general because you are unable to post in #real-world-aviation because of your trust level. @anon93248082 is saying that you should reach TL2 before making topics like this so you can post in the appropriate category. Posting in #general because you don’t have the required trust level to post in more appropriate categories will likely result in your topic being closed.

2 Likes

1 Like

Thanks people for notifying me

3 Likes

Yes it is but what is impressive is its range

1 Like

Sad reality

Hey I’m RednoseHeavy (GermanSt) from discord,
here is my opinion:
Well the real aviation isn’t based on fun or wishes of the aviation lovers, it depends on market and profitability of the aircraft. The A220 is an aircraft which was engineered to serve short/midrange flights. This market has potential and so the A220 gains popularity. I totally agree Airbus did the right thing purchasing the c-series and with that putting it’s own regional aircraft into the competition. The A380 or 747 although can fit only into a certain market niche, to carry as many people as possible at once, and need the demand, which a lot of airlines don’t have. That also explains why we see so many A380s in Emirates fleet, because they get the demand and act as a transporting not from A to B, and more likely from A via Dubai to B. Emirates has its own market philosophy and they use Dubai as an stopover. Nearly all other airlines use A380 / 747 as a flagship. They could totally replace them with a350-1000 or 77w but a double decker or a 747 is a status for each serving airline. And so a lot of airlines start to refuse the 4 engine aircrafts including those because of less economy in fuel and sometimes with too small demand for that big aircrafts. They are ready to transport 50-80 passengers less per flight and not then paying more for fuel consumption. That’s the truth and that’s how the market works, not always how we want to see it.

1 Like