Aircraft Communication Issues

Hi there!

For the past several months now I have been experiencing the same issue with aircraft communications while I am controlling approach frequencies. The session will typically start normal, but some time into the session I will lose the ability to receive communications from any aircraft. I am still able to give instructions to aircraft currently on the frequency, and it is evident that they are able to hear the instructions as they will follow the commands I give. However, I cannot hear any of the responses from those aircraft. When I try to hand them off to another frequency, it appears to me as though they are still on my frequency, even if they have already switched over. Aircraft that attempt to tune into my frequency also do not appear in the flight strips, and they remain gray (untuned) on my screen. Periodically I will be able to receive communications for a brief period, before I lose them again. For a typical session, I will have about 15 minutes of no issues, lose communications for about 5-10 minutes at a time, and then receive messages for another 2 minutes or so before I lose them again. This issue has occurred multiple times on both approach and departure frequencies, at every airport that I open, and has happened every session for the past 2-3 months. I have tried restarting the application, restarting my device, and uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but nothing has worked. Any help I could get with this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

JAR

Device: iPhone 14 Pro
Operating system: Apple OS

about the hearing issue, do you have ATC volume all the way up?

also, Have you had full screen issues? like where the screen goes into full screen, and you can’t press anything?

Yes, the volume is not the issue, and Ive had no issues with with full screen

1 Like

then, I’m wondering, are you at the latest version of IF?

Yes, I have the latest update installed

1 Like

So i’m wondering if its a bug with the game, that you recently discovered.

How is your connection?

Have you tried another Wi-Fi network to see if that makes a difference?

My connection is definitely not the best, but I have tried playing on different internets, as well as just on Data without any WiFi, so I’m not sure if it’s just that

Are you using a VPN?

theres also a chance that the network is unstable. i wouldnt think itd hsppen for to months straight but itsa chance

No, not using a VPN

It’s possible, if my network unstable though I’ll lose all aircraft entirely though, this seems like a different issue

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.