Aircraft carrying COVID-19 test kits crashed

An unfortunate event has taken place a few minutes ago as RP-C5880 operated by Lion Air Corporation (civilian aircraft) had crashed and caught fire while departing on runway 24 at RPLL. This aircraft was being used to transport COVID19 test kits and supplies around the Philippines.

As of now, all 8 passengers have passed away. R.I.P

Information will be updated.

Credits to the owners.

29 Likes

Tragic. I hate to be that person but I think this goes against the rule in the #real-world-aviation guidelines where topics about crashes are not allowed. While I doubt this is in any violation of the COVID-19 article, it may be in conflict with the category guidelines.

Oh, does it?
Well, feel free to take this down if it goes against the guidelines.

I’ll let a moderator make that choice but here’s what I’m referencing;

Aviation Incidents

As it is an unfortunate truth that there are many small aviation incidences on a daily basis. We ask that you refrain from posting about these on the forum. This is due to the volume of topics we would otherwise get that would clog up the forum and dilute productive discussion of other topics.

Oh no. RIP to those 8 that were killed 😢

Also It did not explode, it caught fire and overran the runway.

4 Likes

I’m gonna hold off flagging this as I think it’s allowed. Anyways, absolutely awful event. Rest in peace to the 8 people who passed away.

1 Like

Here’s some footage:

2 Likes

Don’t think this counts as a “small aviation incident”

1 Like

True, that’s why I’m gonna refrain from saying anything more.

Wow, this is tragic. A big blow to our attempts at stopping this virus and the families of the victims in the crash. RIP.

1 Like

Here’s FlightRadar24’s data:

Thinking of all of the people affected right now. This year has absolutely sucked

4 Likes

that it has mate. Everyone was so hyped that we might see a repeat of the Roaring 20’s but nope.

1 Like

Sad. The world will definitely not forget the sacrifices they made, the noble role they tried to play in combating this pandemic. May they RIP! 🙏🏾

It’s weird that the people this community are supposed to look up to are just trying to suppress this topic. People have lost their lives, trying to help humanity. A bit of human compassion could go a long way. Sad!

3 Likes

Did you even read the topic? Please don’t just view posts with the sole purpose of closing them.

I’m going to reference @Chris_Hoover, even though his post is about a screenshots topic, the concept still applies.

6 Likes

My condolences to everyone onboard! They were heroes going out of quarantine to deliver COVID-19 (coronavirus) test kits to those in need and they had to tragically lose their lives like that.

They will go down as fallen heroes in this battle against a hidden enemy.

5 Likes

They truly are heroes.

This is very sad, thoughts go out to those on board.

1 Like

This quote brought a smile to my face. Well said.

4 Likes

This is terrible. My deepest condolences to anyone affected. What makes it worse is that there were trying to deliver COVID-19 test kits.

1 Like