Airbus Talks With Qantas About A350-900ULR

Airbus are discussing the A350-900ULR with Qantas to fly Sydney to London.
What do you think Qantas should do Boeing or Airbus.
PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THIS TOPIC A BOEING VS AIRBUS FIGHT!

Who Will Qantas Choose?

• Boeing
  • Airbus
  • Saab😏

0 voters

11 Likes

Yeah! Saab will provide a plane that has the range to go from Sydney to London! 😂

15 Likes

Yahoo! But I really hope they go with the 777x 😬

8 Likes

Oh qantas will obviously get the Saab 2000 for ULH. It would only have to stop through Port Moresby, Makassar, Bangkok, New Delhi, Baku and Vienna to do SYD-LHR. Not that many places, right?

13 Likes

This makes more sense now
https://www.ausbt.com.au/community/view/42/6251/qantas-to-convert-remaining-a380-orders-to-a350-900ulr
So… Qantas A359 is a thing? And maybe Sydney to New York direct??

And this article brings up the problem of ultra long haul flights. There’s no way I’d want to be on a 20hr flight without stretching my legs for at least an hour.

3 Likes

They could give you tons more water so you have to go to the toilet more foten

I guess this means another customer for A359ULR besides Singapore Airlines. I would love to see it with Qantas livery ❤✈

I wonder when will they receive the first ones, it would be awesome if they can get one by 2019 if they pay more💰. Considering the fact that some carriers that have finalized orders for A359 will receive it by 2020s

5 Likes

Sounds very promising that these will arrive by 2019. Hopefully they will still go with the 777x - but that means waiting until after 2020.

Yeah a lot of Americanan carriers are delaying their deliveries so it’s possible Qantas gets an earlier build slot

Why on earth would they pick SAAB for an ULR route?

Please tell me that’s a joke,

If I had an airline i would pick the SAAB 2000. Great, quiet aircraft which is a pleasant experience to take. Would opt for saab over Boeing or Airbus anyday.

2 Likes

Trust me, they won’t go for the A350-900. They will end up going for the better 777-8. Airbus already mentioned this but they said you would need practically no passengers. The 777-8 you could get around 280 passengers, not the 350 for a full but then again Qantas only seats 234 on their 787

3 Likes

Yeah, well obviously 🙄? Saab’s can go from SYD-LHR with like 10 stops! I mean that’s ground breaking!

4 Likes

Well then, what will happen to the 8 A380 orders Qantas had? They aren’t just going to throw them away.

1 Like

They probably will throw them away.

The 777 is the better option because Qantas was one of the airlines that helped design it so they have a lot of power on what happens with it.

It is too late for Qantas to switch to Airbus manufacturing, something we can all be very pleased about

3 Likes

Ohh, ok. That’s the way you want to go.The Airbus vs Boeing lane. Huh, I reckon it’s never too late to pick Airbus.

continue this in AKC?

4 Likes

It seems almost inevitable that this kind of topics end up in yet another Boeing v. Airbus chapter.

5 Likes

Yep, but they never ordered it. Lol.
Anyway here is how the Qantas A350 might look:

The New Roo livery looks quite good on the A359 actually. If they order some I hope they paint the logo on the winglets.

5 Likes

Oh sure it’s too late!
And what do you mean everyone will be pleased about them switching to Boeing?! 😆

Also how do you know Qantas is definitely going with Boeing lol?

They never ordered it because they were waiting for the 787, little did they know how delayed it would be