Airbus Launches the A321XLR

A321XLR-01
Today Airbus announced the Airbus A321XLR. This aircraft has the range to fly 4700nm. The A321XLR Is Airbus’s answer to the demand for an NMA aircraft and has the longest range of any single isle aircraft in the world!
A321XLR-infografic

“Starting from 2023, the aircraft will deliver an unprecedented Xtra Long Range of up to 4,700nm – 15% more than the A321LR and with the same unbeatable fuel efficiency.” Airbus
The A321XLR features a modified landing gear for an increased maximum take-off weight (MTOW) of 101 metric tonnes and the new permanent Rear Centre Tank (RCT) for extra fuel volume. What are your guys thoughts on this new variant of the A321neo? One final thing, here’s a video from DJ’s Aviation:

21 Likes

Wow that aircraft looks nice😍

2 Likes

Yeah baby grrr

That’s the plane that will hurt Boeing a lot, if not the most.

The A321XLR currently seems like the best replacement for the Boeing 757 on the market. The 737 MAX 9 can compete with the number of seats, but not with the range and the MAX 10 is still in development. Plus, the reputation of the 737 MAX isn’t at its peak right now.

With the A220, Airbus already offers an innovative and fuel efficient solution and an interesting alternative for let’s say the 737-700 / MAX 7 or the ERJ. Now the A321XLR competes with the Boeing 757, that needs replacement soon. It’s an interesting strategy they’re on.

10 Likes

Looks nice

That’s my exact thought. Airbus is doing a lot of very good things, and they’re being very strategic and careful about how they do them. With Boeing’s MAX out of service, their answer to the A320NEO family is absent, allowing Airbus to do whatever they want, and undisputedly. Now they’re expanding to the 321XLR, answering the need for a new NMA, which takes care of the 757, and “answering” the Boeing NMA/797 which isn’t speculated to be released anytime soon.

Airbus is doing very well. Will be interesting to see how this affects Boeing.

2 Likes

Dang, that aircraft is a beauty! 😍

Hopefully we see jetBlue consider this aircraft as they expand into Europe. 🤔

1 Like

That seems like a good idea, but in the future, Airbus needs to make an A360 to truly compete with Boeings 797

The 757 is finally has a real competitor, American will replace the 757s with the A321XLR

2 Likes

Here’s something interesting to read:

While the A321XLR might be a solution to the 757 replacement issue, there are still some gaps to fill.

3 Likes

Nice aircraft

Rlly happy to see it
No I hope to finally fly la comapgine (hope I spelled that right) only reason why I never flew with them bec there seats weren’t good now with this aircraft hopefully it will improve

It looks like the 757 has been dethroned… :(

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.