Airbus hit drone while landing in Heathrow

Check here:

9 Likes

We have to do something with these drones!

4 Likes

Who on earth has the idea to fly a drone in an approach path of an international airport?
These drones should be forbidden, they’re dangerous when flown by nimrods.
Seems like we always need an accident before the responsible offices wake up.

13 Likes

Maybe them thought them were on Playground

19 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Yes this is true Heathrow is surrounded by houses so there is a big chance of these things happening

2 Likes

This issue is not really new. What has changed is that more or less everyone can buy one of those and do harm. Drones are
that cheap.

This is a rather expensive model, as recently seen in London:

7 Likes

Damn, a special offer, gotta get one!

5 Likes

This won´t stop until an accident has been caused.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I did. am broke now, as is the drone…

1 Like

Drones are quite worrying it’s going a bit of topic but they think Isis may even use them for terrorists attacks it’s ridiculous how these quad copters are being used by people, maybe they should make it so you can only buy one if you have a license

1 Like

Didn’t a drone almost hit a DLH A388 while approaching SFO a while ago as well?
Thought I’ve read that somewhere.

1 Like

I agree. They might be used as a weapon. How terrible.

1 Like

In this case it actually was a weapon. No matter wether innocently or not.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

17 April 2016 - A British Airways plane approaching Heathrow is believed to have hit a drone while in midair

28 November 2015 - The pilot of a A321 plane narrowly missed a drone hovering at 100ft above a runway at Gatwick Airport

30 September 2015 - A small drone helicopter passed within 30ft of the cockpit of an A319 plane while on the approach to Heathrow

22 September 2015 - A “quadcopter-type drone” missed the right-hand side of a B777 plane by about 25m while at 2,000ft after it left Heathrow Airport

13 September 2015 - A silver drone with a “balloon-like” centre missed an E170 aircraft by about 20m, while the plane was approaching London City Airport over the Thames

13 September 2015 - A drone flew over the top of a B737 aircraft while at 4,000ft, missing it by about 5m, shortly after it left Stansted

27 August 2015 - A DO328 aircraft flew within 50ft of a drone while approaching Manchester Aiport at 2,800ft

…for everybody who is to lazy to tead the article to finish😁

7 Likes

Ya:

There are many cases of planes nearly being hit if you look on the site below you can see it happens a bit to regularly for something quite dangerous.
#http://avherald.com

2 Likes

I was not aware of the number of incidents 😳

1 Like

And iam pretty sure these are just in the UK…

2 Likes