Airbus Helicopters H145 (Eurocopter EC145)

Credit: Daniel Schwinn

The Airbus Helicopters H145, better known as the Eurocopter EC145, is a twin-engine utility helicopter that entered service in 1999. Being developed alongside the EC135, they share components in the forward cockpit section. It’s well known for serving several purposes such as medical help, search and rescue, police surveilance, military aviation, private aviation and tours. With it being widely used all over the world, I think it would be the perfect helicopter for Infinite Flight. It will bring a lot of new types of flights to the sim.

I hope you can free up a vote for this amazing helicopter!

Stats (Source: Wikipedia, Eurocopter)

General characteristics

• Crew: 2
  • Capacity: 9 pax / 1,793 kg (3,953 lb) payload
  • Length: 13.03 m (42 ft 9 in)
  • Height: 3.45 m (11 ft 4 in)
  • Empty weight: 1,792 kg (3,951 lb)
  • Gross weight: 3,585 kg (7,904 lb)
  • Fuel capacity: 723.0 kg (1,593.9 lb)
  • Powerplant: 2 × Turbomeca Arriel 1E2 turboshaft engines, 550 kW (740 hp) each for take-off
  • Main rotor diameter: 11 m (36 ft 1 in)
  • Main rotor area: 95 m2 (1,020 sq ft) root: NACA 23012; tip: NACA 23010[139]

Performance

• Cruise speed: 246 km/h (153 mph, 133 kn)
  • Never exceed speed: 268 km/h (167 mph, 145 kn)
  • Range: 680 km (420 mi, 370 nmi)
  • Ferry range: 855 km (531 mi, 462 nmi)
  • Service ceiling: 5,240 m (17,190 ft)
  • Rate of climb: 8.1 m/s (1,590 ft/min)

Hey, I’m not sure if helicopters are in the works for infinite flight as this would mean the need to overhaul the entire ATC system and create an entire interface. Interesting topic though.

2 Likes

Nothing about helicopters has been confirmed yet. The devs posted a picture on april fools showing an H120 helicopter in Infinite Flight so who knows, global started of as an april fools joke as well.

Implementing helicopters will definitely come with a lot of challenges but when the first one has been implemented, a lot of these will be out of the way. It will be easier to implement more of them from that point.

2 Likes

Yes, global did come from an April fools joke but IF did confirm that the Helicopter pic was really just to show PHNL as a 3D airport and that the helicopter was not real.

1 Like

The last major thing that IFLLC posted about Heli’s is that they have looked at implementing them but isnt on their agenda right now, there are alot of challenges that will come with it but they did say that they would never mark helicopters as off the table. at some point in the future they may well add it. This was a couple of years back so who knows what they have done behind the scenes since then. I will very much appreciate and welcome the sights of helicopters in IF when ever they come

2 Likes

Yeah it comes with a lot more challanges than implementing a new aircraft. Physics, UI, ATC etc… would all need a lot of work. I’m sure we will see them sometime in the future but I highly doubt we will see them anytime soon. Especially now reworks are a priority.

1 Like

yes, agreed, plus the physics for a helicopter would be complex, and it could also cause disturbance at airports, as much as helicopters would be nice, they aren’t the easiest thing to fly!

2 Likes

I see that as a positive thing, makes them really rewarding to fly ;)

1 Like

It does indeed

1 Like

I would so make a maverick tour VA

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.