Airbus eyes decision on A350-1100 to compete with Boeing's 777-9X

Boeing also expects an A350-1100

2 Likes

One of these days, the market will be so full of aircraft that no company will buy again for some time, and both Airbus and Boeing will end up banckrupt.

4 Likes

Unless Donald Trump orders more aircraft 😂

1 Like

Honestly speaking, could it be used to make a wall since he wants to make a “better wall”

1 Like

Yeah walls made by 787s,747-8s,777,a350(all variants),a380,a330,a320. And every other aircraft known to man (including ufo’s)

2 Likes

So this will be like a replacement of the a340-600… It’s awfully long 😣

1 Like

An A350-1100 will have serious lacks compared to the B777-9 without major changes: New wing, modified engines. Otherwise they’ll end up with another A346.

3 Likes

I don’t think it has a chance. The 777 will always be my favorite twin jet aircraft

No, the market is constantly evolving, airlines will continue to retire older aircraft, the big two will continue to build better replacements for them. There will not be a saturation of the aircraft purchasing market as the market will always stabilize itself around supply and demand. Boeing and Airbus will continue to sell planes barring a black swan event.

1 Like

I don’t think it will be a direct competitor to the 779X, the 779 has some serious flaws itself, it is not built for anything over 440 passengers (exit rules) despite being a longer aircraft. The A350-1100 can take advantage of the high density, low fuel payload segment if they add an extra set of doors. It will be a prime candidate for Intra-Asia flights. There are always places that Airbus can market a superior plane for some customers.

1 Like