Airbus begin production on their new A330-800neo

Yesterday Airbus began working on their new aircraft called the a330NEO, there are two models of this plane, which are the -800 and -900.
The test flight for the 330-800 is expected to be in early 2018 with the -900 also preparing for its test flight. Both models will be succeeding the 200 and 300 models.

The 800 will be able to fit 250 seats in a standard configuration while 900 will be able to fit 300 in a normal configuration as a 2-class layout.

Airlines will benefit from 14% less fuel burn per seat compared to the current A330, reduced maintenance costs and A330’s market-leading 99.5% operational reliability. It will also have a bigger cabin interior inspired by the airbus a350xwb.

Picture credits to: http://www.airbus.com/newsroom/press-releases/en/2017/10/a330-800-production-well-underway.html

The Airbus a330neo also features a new wingtip design, also known on the a320neo’s the sharklets! Which will improve airflow and reduce fuel burn.

18 Likes

“successeeding”

I think it’s succeeding but I’m not sure

3 Likes

Wonderful! Hope this will bring aviation to new heights!

4 Likes

It’s success and succeeding both at the same time lol

When I read the title I thought it said A380-800 NEO 😂 like this:

Airbus’ NEO project is really kicking off, it’s great

6 Likes

Finally, good to see the production starting. The A330 probably won’t be further developed after this, so this is its last time to shine!

And yeah you might want to change that. *succeeding

4 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t it called the A380 plus?

EDIT: I need to read slower, the title says A330 🤦‍♂️

3 Likes

This is the A330 mate 😉
Don’t worry, I thought it also said A380neo for a minute as well!

3 Likes

Just saw hahaha, I doubt my IQ sometimes 😂

2 Likes

Me: Reads title at lightning fast speed What?! a380NEO? Reads slower Ohhh

All joking aside, I don’t really care for the a330NEO…at least right now, I felt the same about the a350 and a320NEO so maybe my opinion will change, but nice topic nevertheless!

2 Likes

Yay! Another plane for people to beg to be added to IF! 😂

3 Likes

Bahahah just relived will change it now

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.