Airbus A400M

The Airbus A400M is a military prop aircraft. Below is the Airbus livery.

Quite similar to the Hercules C130.

26 Likes

Closest comparison would be the C-130 right? :)

2 Likes

Never heard of the C130!

You can’t be serious! Hahaha maybe you’re serious… I have tons of C-130s flying over me house every night and day… 😂

2 Likes

Oh, right! The Hercules… Royal Australian Air Force operates that!

1 Like

Guess what… My mum calls it the “Fat Plane”…

So in Chinese, 飛機 means Plane but when you change the first word to 肥 and you get 肥機,it’s a little twist to the original word and thus means “Fat Plane” hahaha

My mum is crazy hahahaha

2 Likes

Yeah, that would be nice.

3 Likes

I think size wise it’s larger than a C130, but a lot smaller than a C17. Designed to fulfill most of the C130 combat missions

1 Like

So technically a direct competitor?

1 Like

Well due to the age of the C130 more of a replacement!

In the RAF there are 2 squadrons of Voyagers ( A330 MRTT), 1 Squadron of C17, 2 squadrons of A400M and 2 of the C130…s

3 Likes

No sign of my country’s air force replacing them anytime soon… I don’t even know if they’ll consider the A400M lol

3 Likes

They probably would if they were going to replace them as its a very capable aircraft

1 Like

A prop military aircraft. Good job Airbus, what were you on this time?

5 Likes

New Turkish A400M Military.

3 Likes

This needs more love. Who’d like the A400 alongside the C-130?

5 Likes

Might be too similar, too soon however certainly my favourite military large propeller plane and its aerobatics are incredible.

2 Likes

Airbus military aircraft are quite uncommon too.

4 Likes

Please vote for this aircraft if you have liked it before. So it will be more likley to bee added

2 Likes

I was thinking the same, and it is an Airbus after all so I was expecting to see more support. It seems the Airbus fans don’t like he A400M too much.

2 Likes

I think this would be my favourite military prop transport aircraft
C-17 is the boss though

1 Like