Airbus A380 - Trent 900 Soundpack

With the confirmation of the A380 being chosen by the community as the next aircraft to be reworked, one of the features that cannot be missed is the iconic Trent 900 soundpack.

Ever since the rework of the 777, the community was overjoyed with the possibility of every future rework getting brand-new custom soundpacks (despite this never being officially said by the developers). Unfortunately, only the 777 and 757 got proper custom soundpacks, with every aircraft since using already existing soundpacks, whether it’s the standard 737-based soundpack or the GE90 soundpack, in the case of the A330.

With that said, I believe that, after more than 2 years, it’s time to have another brand-new soundpack, and the A380 is a perfect opportunity to do so. Not only is the powerful sound of the Trent 900s a signature feature of the A380, not resembling any soundpack currently in-game, but it could also be used on the A350, since the Trent 900 and Trent XWB sound very similar to each other and the A350 isn’t expected to recieve it’s own soundpack anytime soon, which would make not only the A380 fans overjoyed, but the A350 fans as well.

This should be added even before this thing is reworked. You have my vote :D

11 Likes

You have my vote!

4 Likes

«Real» sound would make the flying-experience so much cooler. Unfortunately i’m out of votes, but you have my support for sure!

3 Likes

Voted! With the reworked A380, this sound pack would go wonderfully with it!

3 Likes

That’s a
Lot-Polish-Airlines
of votes in the first hour of this topic being made lol

1 Like

Altough it sounds awesome, the A380 also comes with the GP7200 engines. Those are based on the design of the GE90 and sound quite similar. With only some aircraft getting a soundpack due in part to the costs and development time, I feel like for example a CF6, CF34 or PW4000 soundpack would be a better option for the Infinite Flight fleet in general as they are used by more types of aircraft in the sim.

1 Like

Id vote on this if developers werent so definitive on NO MORE ENGINE SOUNDS in the future

I hope one day a 3rd party developer creates an app with engine sound files that sync with the aircraft or powerplant in the sim

3 Likes

If we don’t get votes, then there’s definitely no way we’re getting them.

1 Like

@A-FitzGerald

2 Likes

I only got my vote banndo because I want another sound pack! Plus, this might kill two birds with one stone!

2 Likes

Cleared a vote for this. It would be really cool to have engine sounds on the A380 and possibly other aircraft as well. I feel like the chances for engine sounds for A380 are low but as @AvioesEJogos said, we can’t get them if we don’t have votes

2 Likes

You definitely have my Vote!!!

2 Likes

You got my vote! I support this and the A380.

5 Likes

Obviously got my vote!

2 Likes

We’ve likely got one chance, so let’s make it count!

1 Like

Yes!!! It is a good idea!!! The Trent900’s sound will make A380 better!!! Voted!!!

3 Likes

Would absolutely love to see this in IF. It’s gained so much popularity in just a few hours.

1 Like

It’s kind of acceptable on the other aircrafts, but A380 with no specific sounds is a big NO. Got my vote.

2 Likes

Funny guy, funny guy.

In all seriousness, that is a lot of votes. Let me add to that.

3 Likes