Airbus A350XWB Family

Those pictures are from months ago

3 Likes

Will there be gear tilt for the A350?
image https://www.safran-landing-systems.com/sites/nmbd/files/thumbnails/image/saf2015_0174479-1-a350-xwbbloc_0.jpg

7 Likes

Well according to the photos @Qantas094 it the “shock”/support looks slightly tilted.

4 Likes

Which one of the four? The two Singapore ones are on the ground so they’re flat.

1 Like

The first one

1 Like

Be sure to vote for it here! I could use all the support possible!

4 Likes

Will the a350 have a cabin view?

2 Likes

While I’m not sure if they’ve confirmed this yet on the A350, but about other past aircraft they have made a point about saying they don’t like to drop trends they’ve started, so my money isn’t on yes…

3 Likes

We don’t know but since the CRJ’s got that i think A350 get’s that too.

4 Likes

When can we expect the a350 to come out? If it doesn’t have a cabin view it should come out earlier

1 Like

You’re right - if it didn’t have a cabin view then it would come out earlier. Now, because Cabins are something IF has added to all new/reworked aircraft from the CRJ to beyond, the A350 will have a cabin too. Am I sure of it? No. But it will most likely come.

4 Likes

The Airbus A350 should have a cabin view. Although this is not confirmed.

When should the A350 come out? We don’t know. The staff doesn’t either. It is currently worked on by the 3D Artists (designing the cockpits, building it, engines, rendering, interior) before handing it into other developers to do the physics of this aircraft (which there is still a long way to go).

3 Likes

Announced 9th April, so it’s been just over 4 months, plus the assumed pre-announcement development time we don’t know about which could be a few weeks.

14 Likes

Does anyone know how long it took to develop the MD-11/DC-10? Maybe we can use that as a reference. The A350 should take a bit longer to develop because of better details and a live cockpit.

3 Likes

From what I know, the modeling stage isn’t even done. After sorting out physics (and supposedly new sounds), flight testing, and bug fixes, my best guess is Thanksgiving/Christmas.

4 Likes

Just did some digging and found out that it took 9 months to make the MD-11/DC-10.

3 Likes

Welp… I guess we got some waiting to do

2 Likes

Not a reliable comparison, due to how much more advanced this plane is likely to be, active instruments, new sounds, gear tilt etc.
Though iirc the md-11 only took around 4-6 months

1 Like

Comparing the development time of an aircraft in the past and an aircraft that’s being developed now does no one any good. Since the time of the MD & DC, although they were fairly advanced planes for IF, times have changed. We have cabins now. We have live cockpits. We have new camera views. All of these things take time, and any number of things could have changed.

Don’t get yourselves too caught up in the “when.” Just have patience, enjoy the now, and prepare for the A350 and upcoming B777 Rework.

These things take time, and I’m sure the devs are making sure that everything is as close to perfect as it can be.

7 Likes

Okay everyone, stop guesstimating. I’m going to quote Phillipe right now who said at Oshkosh “we are projecting late this year or early next”

6 Likes