The Airbus A340-600 is the longest variant of the A340 aircraft family. Airlines slowly start to phase out this beauty because her four engines are simply not state-of-the-art in terms of fuel consumption, but this doesn’t change the fact that it looks pretty stunning with a wingspan of 63.45 m or 208.17 ft and is a true masterpiece of aircraft in my opinion. The A346 in Infinite Flight was added at the same time as the A333 and they are pretty similar planes, both in IF and in real life. Recently the A333 and A32F got a little touch-up with the addition of wing flex, APPR, some liveries and, most importantly, updated physics, a fixed fuel consumption and some bug fixes. This feature request asks for exactly this, a little touch-up to make the A346 a little more fun to fly.
I extensively flew the plane in the past weeks and found the following things which could be redone or fixed:
- fuel consumption (the current one is pre-global, bad for long haulers)
- the autopilot speed bug (you’re always a little slower than you should be with A/P on)
- updated physics and ground effect (make the aircraft feel “heavier”, just as the A333 feels now)
- cones of the engines aren’t visible at the moment
- (if possible) wing flex
- addition of APPR
- more liveries (there are already some feature requests for those)
I do not now how much time such a rework consumes but I really really enjoy the outcome on the A330, the plane feels totally different. The devs stated that the addition of for example wing flex doesn’t take too long either, and because a full rework is highly unlikely in the near future, something like done on the A330 would be pretty awesome for the A346! :)
Feel free to vote or comment your opinion, if you noticed another bug or issue which should be in the list, please notify me, thanks.