Airbus A340-600 light rework

source

Airbus A340-600 light rework

The Airbus A340-600 is the longest variant of the A340 aircraft family. Airlines slowly start to phase out this beauty because her four engines are simply not state-of-the-art in terms of fuel consumption, but this doesn’t change the fact that it looks pretty stunning with a wingspan of 63.45 m or 208.17 ft and is a true masterpiece of aircraft in my opinion. The A346 in Infinite Flight was added at the same time as the A333 and they are pretty similar planes, both in IF and in real life. Recently the A333 and A32F got a little touch-up with the addition of wing flex, APPR, some liveries and, most importantly, updated physics, a fixed fuel consumption and some bug fixes. This feature request asks for exactly this, a little touch-up to make the A346 a little more fun to fly.

I extensively flew the plane in the past weeks and found the following things which could be redone or fixed:

• fuel consumption (the current one is pre-global, bad for long haulers)
  • the autopilot speed bug (you’re always a little slower than you should be with A/P on)
  • updated physics and ground effect (make the aircraft feel “heavier”, just as the A333 feels now)
  • cones of the engines aren’t visible at the moment
  • (if possible) wing flex
  • addition of APPR
  • more liveries (there are already some feature requests for those)

I do not now how much time such a rework consumes but I really really enjoy the outcome on the A330, the plane feels totally different. The devs stated that the addition of for example wing flex doesn’t take too long either, and because a full rework is highly unlikely in the near future, something like done on the A330 would be pretty awesome for the A346! :)

Wikipedia
YouTube Clip showing wing flex of an A346
Iberia A346 livery request
Lufthansa (2018) livery request
Mahan Air livery request

Feel free to vote or comment your opinion, if you noticed another bug or issue which should be in the list, please notify me, thanks.

The topic closed was about the A340 family in general. This topic does exactly what the mods wanted, it asks for a specific type of aircraft. :)

1 Like

It can stay in that case.

We need this

2 Likes

Oh yes! Imagine wingflex on this baby!

2 Likes

PLEASE. UPDATE. THE. COCKPIT. GOOD GOD. plskthx

actually flew it today. Wasn’t half bad but def needs a touch up. Once the A330 gets the full rework my vote will go here

1 Like

I absolutely agree with this but I think we should finish off with one thing before we bite off more than we can chew with these updates.

1 Like

In case it gets a light touch-up the cockpit wouldn’t be included.

Wouldn’t say that. A full rework won’t come any time soon and, at least for me, the A330 is pretty fun to fly so why not update a second Airbus long hauler? Won’t hurt. :)

1 Like

Not quite à baby haha

It would looks great the Iberia 340-600 in this model

Love the A340, would be great to have a soft rework of this long hauler, Voted!

1 Like

Why not a proper rework?

It would be awesome to add the Etihad Airways standard livery for the A340-600

Simple thing: The A330 got a „soft rework“, meaning the physics were fixed, wingflex got added, fuel burn was adjusted for global and we got some new liveries to enjoy. The 3D model stayed the same. This takes way less time, and with the next aircrafts and reworks scheduled until (I take a guess) 1,5yrs I hope to get this bird flyable again with this little touch up. :)

1 Like

It would be cool if it could get reworked completely, just because I’m a huge fan of the A340

3 Likes

A rework won’t happen in the foreseeable future unfortunately. Pipeline with upcoming planes/reworks is full, next chance to see this bird completely reworked is in approx. 1,5yrs. That’s why I’m requesting the light rework. :)

Sorry but the team will take this in account in about 1-2 years because the 777 will be reworked first after the A350 and clouds. Which will be in more than a year. But it would be nice to have it reworked though…

2 Likes

Have not to hide it, have all know that even rework even “soft” will not arrive within 2-3 years minimum. It’s a shame I find m. Why add new planes … It may be first redone the old but good 🤷‍♂️

1 Like