Airbus A340-300 Lufthansa [new livery]

Hello!
So as I really like the A340-300 and I have noticed that there is no request for this beautiful livery, now you have the option to vote for it !
Note: The A340 thread already got closed because the devs and mods know that this plane needs a rework

I really like this blue of the new livery 🔵 and the -300 because of its little engines (not like the -600 with the big ones)

Source

About Lufthansa:

Deutsche Lufthansa AG (German pronunciation: [ˌdɔʏtʃə ˈlʊfthanzaː]), commonly known as Lufthansa , is the flag carrier and largest German airline which, when combined with its subsidiaries, is the second largest airline in Europe in terms of passengers carried.[9][10] The name of the company is derived from the German word Luft meaning “air” and Hansa for the Hanseatic League. Lufthansa is one of the five founding members of Star Alliance, the world’s largest airline alliance, formed in 1997.[11]

Besides its own services, and owning subsidiary passenger airlines Austrian Airlines, Swiss International Air Lines, Brussels Airlines, and Eurowings including Germanwings (referred to in English by Lufthansa as its Passenger Airline Group ), Deutsche Lufthansa AG owns several aviation-related companies, such as Lufthansa Technik and LSG Sky Chefs, as part of the Lufthansa Group . In total, the group has over 700 aircraft, making it one of the largest airline fleets in the world.[12]

Lufthansa’s registered office and corporate headquarters are in Cologne. The main operations base, called Lufthansa Aviation Center, is at Lufthansa’s primary hub at Frankfurt Airport,[13][14][15] and its secondary hub is at Munich Airport where a secondary Flight Operations Centre is maintained.[16]

About the Airbus A340:

The Airbus A340 is a long-range, wide-body commercial passenger jet airliner that was developed and produced by the European aerospace company Airbus. In the mid-1970s, Airbus conceived several derivatives of the A300, its first airliner, and developed the A340 quadjet in parallel with the A330twinjet. In June 1987, Airbus launched both designs with their first orders and the A340-300 took its maiden flight on 25 October 1991. It was certified along the A340-200 on 22 December 1992 and both versions entered service in March 1993 with launch customers Lufthansa and Air France. The larger A340-500/600 were launched on 8 December 1997, the A340-600 flew for the first time on 23 April 2001 and entered service on 1 August 2002.

Keeping the eight-abreast economy cross-section of the A300, the early A340-200/300 has a similar airframe to the A330. Differences include four 151 kN (34,000 lbf) CFM56s instead of two turbofans to avoid ETOPS restrictions on trans-oceanic routes, and a three-leg main landing gear instead of two for a heavier 276 t (608,000 lb) MTOW. Both airliners have fly-by-wire controls, which was first introduced on the A320, as well as a similar glass cockpit. The later A340-500/600 have a larger wing and are powered by 275 kN (62,000 lbf) Rolls-Royce Trent 500 for a heavier 380 t (840,000 lb) MTOW.

The shortest A340-200 measured 59.4 m (195 ft), and could cover 7,600 nmi (14,100 km) with 261 seats in 3-class or 303 in 2-class. The most common A340-300 reached 63.7 m (209 ft) to accommodate 293 to 313 passengers and had a 7,150 nmi (13,240 km) range. The A340-500 was 67.9 m (223 ft) long to seat 277 to 335 over 9,000 nmi (17,000 km), the longest-range airliner at the time. The longest A340-600 was stretched to 75.4 m (247 ft), then the longest airliner, to accommodate 326 to 380 passengers over 7,550 nmi (13,980 km).

As improving engine reliability allowed ETOPS operations for almost all routes, more economical twinjets have replaced quadjets on many routes. On 10 November 2011, Airbus announced the production reached its end, after 380 orders had been placed and 377 were delivered from Toulouse, France. The A350 XWB is proposed as a successor, the MD-11 and the Boeing 777 were its main competitors. Lufthansa is the largest operator and the largest customer with 62 aircraft in total, and continues to operate 34 aircraft as of January 2020.

For more information:

I would really like to fly this bird in IF as it won‘t be operating for a long time 😕
Anyway what‘s your opinion ?

Happy flying !

I quite like the A340’s. Always a unique aircraft… 🤔

1 Like

Totally agree and it‘s a bit underrated in IF but I hope this will change 😁

2 Likes

Perhaps add a bit of your own words rather than copying and pasting all of your information directly from Wikipedia?

4 Likes

I think it would be a great addition but my opinion is perhaps to create a subject on the Airbus A340-300 to encourage people to want to see this plane arrive on infinite flight but also insist and have a lot of votes so that the developers may want to develop and add this new aircraft.

1 Like

The the A340-200/300 looks so much better than the A340-500/600. I like this livery too.

1 Like

How many times should I say that I like the livery, the blue and the aircraft ?

Completely agree

Paraphrasing is very helpful. You can have all of the same info, but put it more effort.

1 Like

@Captain_Merka @Altaria55

If someone wants to get more information he can read it. If not just don‘t read it 🙂
Quite easy

Unfortunately, I ran out of votes, but I would have totally voted for this because the A340 deserves more respect on infinite flight. Here are the reasons:

-The cockpit is worse than most other planes
-The A340 liveries are blurry (my opinion)
-There are very little liveries to choose from

The beautiful A340 needs a major rework 👍 @German_Pilot

1 Like

You‘re right ! If you will have a vote left in the future and you still like it make sure to vote 😆

1 Like

I just removed a vote from a previous page and added it to this one lol

1 Like

I wonder if the A343 will even be part of the potential rework. Given that the devs have chosen to rework only the 777 variants that are already in game, chances are, only the A340-600 will be reworked.

1 Like

Ehhhhhh… Not a big fan of the A340 in general. Too may engines for too small an aircraft.

Well…ever heard of the B707, DC8, 727 or DC10?

1 Like

Of course I have. Heck I’ve seen a DC-10 (FedEx I think) I’m just stating my opinion that I think the A340 could’ve been designed better. Are 4 engines really necessary?

Well, back then the issue of ETOP’s was still prevalent and with four engines obviously the A340 could get around ETOP’s. However, twinjets eventually became the norm (B777) and their range increased, allowing them to fly further away from diversion airports and consequently ETOP’s extended. The economics of twinjets will always be superior to quadjets, but for a quadjet the A340-300 sold decently.

1 Like

What was the underlying purpose of those restrictions if they knew there was going to be a way around them? That’s like studying for a test and the test is postponed/cancelled. A huge waste of time.

The purpose of ETOP’s really is for safety. Back in the day there was a common notion that it would be dangerous to fly a twinjet across the atlantic, hence quadjets made more sense due to the redundancy having four engines provided. Otherwise not sure what you’re referring to.

1 Like