Airbus A330 Rework

This page won’t die until the full rework for now the A330 is good for a couple of months and is actually fun to fly. Although the liveries that we wanted didn’t get added we could still fight for them until the next A330 rework

my favorite A330 livery didn’t get added :( , hopefully this update wasnt the “full rework”

It wasn’t, don’t worry

Having flown the A330 a few times now I can’t explain how pleased I am with it. The aircraft handles completely different now and it’s a joy to fly, I think this plane does not need a rework any time soon thanks to what’s been done to it, I suggest adding more liveries though but apart from that I think other aircraft should now be prioritised. I can only imagine what the devs could do to the other aircraft within a period of a month given this took only a few weeks,

I think we need more liverys
Eurowings Edelweiss or Turkish

I’m not going to stop fighting for this plane until it gets gear tilt.

What the devs did for us in 19.1 is spectacular, and I appreciate it, but the A330 isn’t complete until it has more liveries and definite gear tilt.

I agree it’s good what they’ve done in a short space of time but the 3D model and cockpit still need reworking. For example the nose looks wrong.

Well you got ya wish…

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Everybody slow down. We got a SOFT rework. Isn’t that enough for now? They added it last minute, so at least we have it. So don’t go complaining, this is the best we’re gonna have for now.
-Ty

We need liveries like Iberia, Aerolineas Argentinas and Tap. p.e. for long haul routes when Southamerica detail scenery becomes a reality. Great update 19.1, my congratulation to all the IF Team!

dont forget Brussels airlines for EBBR - KJFK flights, also the A330 of brussels has a special livery and a normal one

@TheTyGuy426 just because part of the demand is satisfied doesn’t mean we don’t want it all done eventually and while we got more alot of liveries are indeed still missing.

I cann’t beleve that they don’t add Turkish Airlines!!🤭🤭

The A330 wasn’t even supposed to be included in the update, be grateful for what you got here. I’m sure the devs will add more liveries with time. I agree that the model needs some tweaks, such as the cockpit or nose, but I’m willing to say it isn’t as dire. A full A330 rework will come one day, but suffice it to say that what you’ve got right now is pretty darn good, but not 100% perfect.

First of all, I’m loving the updated A330! Flies like a dream!

But…

I fully believe we need to keep this thread going for the full on rework a-la the CRJ-the more full rework hopefully will come with the addition of the A330-200, updated/extra views, more liveries etc etc.

Sure it is, but the goal of this thread has always been a full on soup to nuts rework of the A330 same as the CRJ got- with the addition of a pax A332, more views and liveries. The physics package worked out pretty well obviously-I still believe the future will hold some awesome updates for the A330. They’ve got the base of it ready now. Patience is key here. We’ve got a flyable aircraft at this point.

Plus animated cockpits last like the A-10, with realistic radar installations if possible. :)

I honestly think when they DO decide to give the A330 the full CRJ style rework treatment that we very well may see the instruments and perhaps some cool fly by wire stuff if they can safely swing it. As for the radar-it doesn’t matter as we don’t have weather systems in IF (yet) things like radar aren’t needed until we’ve got the actual clouds/precipitation to go with them. And even at that point, the load on your device may not really be worth it. For instance-on FSX and early P3D versions, payware aircraft that had WX radar would just choke the average sim PC’s performance to death. There’s no need to turn IF into a slide-show for something like that (again I’ll use YET)