Hello everyone, this is my first feature request.
If the devs reworking the A320 family, I wish they adding the A320 family whining noise.
- What is the A320 family whining noise ?
- The A320 family is a characteristic noise like a flute that emetted on the A320 family (A319, A320, A321, A318) and when the aircraft is flying over us. This noise is produced on Approach (and Takeoff) when the aircraft is between 1500feet-7000feet and when the aircraft exceeding speed betwen 140 and 270 kts. We can also hear the noise when the aircraft is at 3-4 kilometer of us.
- What is the cause of this noise ?
- The A320 family whining noise is emmeted when air passing in 4 holes under the wings of the A320 family, they are calling FOPP (Fuel Over Pressure Protector).
2 FOPP under a wing of an A320. (Sorry for low quality)
- Why I want this in Infinite Flight ?
- It make the Airbus A320 family more realistic.
- The noise in real life is now rare.*
*4. Why the A320 family whining noise is now rare ?
- At the end of 2013, the German airline Lufthansa presented the first A320 with the Vortex Generator, a thing that placed under the wing to block air when passing in the holes, many airlines like Air France, British Airways, EasyJet… decided to follows the rules of Lufthansa.
An A320 with vortex generator
About the A320 family:
- Example of the A320 family noise without the vortex generator
6. Example of the A320 family noise with the vortex generator
Credit: Lufthansa Group