Airbus A220-100 (BCS1)

Having made its maiden flight in 2013, the A220-100 is one of the most modern and latest addition to the narrowbody airframes flying around the world. The A221 stands for a new generation of airplanes build with state-of-the art technology and fuel efficiency.

The A221 is like a smaller brother of the recently introduced A220-300. It seats between 108 and 133 passengers and is seen as a big competitor for the B737Max and E-Jets E2 series.

Furthermore, the A221 is used by commercial and private operators (ACJ-220). It currently has two active commercial customers, which are Delta Airlines and Swiss International Airlines. There are 6 outstanding orders for the private version of the A221. But commercial airliners like ITA Airways (Italy), Air Vanuatu (Oceania) and Ibom Air (Nigeria) are currently having outstanding orders for this aircraft as well. Not to forget the Airbus (and older) CSeries house liveries that could also be used when this aircraft gets added. Hopefully many more operators and liveries will come to this modern single-aisle airplane.

Source: Link to Image

Airbus A220-100 - Specifications
Capacity: 108 - 135 passengers
Length: 35m / 115 ft.
Wingspan: 35m / 115 ft
Engines: Pratt & Whitney PW1500G
MTOW: 63.100 kg / 139000 lbs
Range: 6390 km / 3450 nm

Possible liveries
Delta Airlines - US - Active Operator
Swiss Int. Airlines - Switzerland - Active Operator

ITA Airways - Italy - Open orders
Ibom Air - Nigeria - Open orders
Vanuatu Air - Oceania - Open orders

Airbus House livery
Bombardier CSeries House livery
Airbus Private Jet Livery

Even though the A221 currently does not have a lot of operators, I would still love to fly it in IF in the future. It would also increase the number of narrow-body airframes within the simulator.

Sources
wikipedia: Airbus A220 - Wikipedia
wikipedia: List of Airbus A220 operators - Wikipedia
Airbus: A220 Family | Airbus Passenger Aircraft
Image: N131DU Delta Air Lines Airbus A220-100 Photo by Howard Chaloner | ID 1205698 | Planespotters.net by Howard Chaloner

this is my first topic made ever…so please be gentle on me ;P

Would be nice to fly into London City. Might be worth adding this when it gets more operators in the future. :)

5 Likes

Nope, not yet

I think it’s not more interessant than the BCS3…