Airborne_Canuck’s ATC Tracking Thread - [CLOSED] @ N/A - [PRACTICAL PASSED]

Session done, RKSS closed.

1 Like

Ahh sorry I was sleeping

Let’s try this again, doing it a bit earlier this time so hopefully there’s a bit more turn-ups.

ATC SESSION

• Time: 1 hour session

• Airport: MMMX

• Runways: 23R & 23L

• Server: Training

• Pattern work allowed

• METAR: MMMX 252045Z 21006KT 5SM FEW030 SCT220 29/04 A3021 NOSIG RMK SLP018 57030 913 8/102 HZY TCU E MDT CU SW AC

• Airport altitude 7362 ft.

@Tsumia @NightHawk @CR3W @Paul_G @IFA_Mitch @Varunsehdev

1 Like

Brilliant session today, nothing much I can comment on except for the transition.

1. First off, fairly late clearance, make sure you know and remember where the instructions are and how to make quick decisions.

2. Transition altitude was incorrect, should have been 10,000ft MSL. You already corrected that via DM, so no biggie.

Thats all I’ve got, see you another session!

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah, as for the late transition clearance, I completely blanked while clearing you, causing me to clear wrong altitude late timing. Timing will definitely get better with more practice.

Thanks for attending!

Feedback from N17EE

[22:44:25Z] - For transition altitude it should be 10,000 .

[22:52:21Z] - Good that you noticed that Delta taking off whilst I was on short final wasn’t going to work too well . Make sure to be sure planes have time to takeoff before the landing aircraft arrives.

[23:01:51Z] - Exit runway wasn’t given , " cleared for the option " allows for the pilot to land aswell , just keep an eye because sometimes someone might land without saying " full stop ".

No other issues from , thanks and have an good rest of your day !

1 Like

I’ve heard mixed inputs about this one, it’s a bit confusing, I’ve heard people say that ~ 500 ft is ideal, and others say ~ 1000 ft or above is ideal. Do you have a preference when controlling? It’d be nice to know for the future, so I can be on sturdy ground for the practical test. :)

I’ll keep this one in mind, I didn’t realise cleared for the option allowed pilots for landing with out announcing full stop. At what time speed wise would it be ideal to give the exit runway command if you’re uncertain whether or not the pilot will perform a touch and go/stop and go?

Thanks for attending! Definitely some useful information that will come in handy for the future!

Depends on the altitude , you just need to round up to the nearest 500 , so say it’s like 9,700 ft you would need to round up to 10,000 , thats why it would be 10,000 . Transition altitude is just ( 2,500 + airport elevation rounded to the nearest 500 ) .

70 knots ground speed

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll keep that info in mind, definitely is handy! Thanks for coming out!

1 Like

Session finished, thanks to all who attended!

Hello. Sorry for the delay in giving feedback.

You handled it well. Good pattern entries and clearances. Only a clearance for N17EE was incorrect. When N17EE was inbound you sent a pattern entry and sequenced it correctly as number 2 behind WHAV (me). But when you cleared it for the option you sent number 1 instead of number 2 because WHAV (me) would land first.

Remember to send exit runway command when the aircraft slows down to 70kts or less.

Regarding the transition altitude, I realize that you understood well. Just remember to round up for the next 500 ft to get the correct transition altitude.

I’m sorry for my confusion about trying to approaching on the wrong runway. You tried to warn me and did very well.

It was good control. Keep it up.

1 Like

ATC SESSION

• Airport: EDDM

• Runways: 26R & 26L

• Pattern work allowed

• METAR: EDDM 022050Z 25005KT 9999 SCT048 04/02 Q1019 NOSIG

• Airport altitude 1484 Ft.

2 Likes

Nice controlling
Keep it up

No issues from Wizzair 6VA Great job Airborne_Foto_Destroyer @Airborne_Canuck. It would be nice if you could get 6 people. Anyways, great job.

1 Like

ATC SESSION

• Airport: KAUS

• Runways: 17R & 17L

• Pattern work allowed

• METAR: KAUS 071953z 18009KT 10SM FEW050 BKN250 27/14 A3011 RMK AO2 SLP191 T02670144

• Airport altitude 542 Ft.

I’ll swing by, ST-ARZ

1 Like

I’m joining!

1 Like

Feedback from Connie-1.

1. Incorrect clearance for touch and go, though corrected just after.
    That’s all I can think of at the moment.
1 Like

Still open? Was controlling Dubai

Still open, come hop by if you wish :)

1 Like