Airborne_Canuck’s ATC Tracking Thread - [CLOSED] @ N/A - [PRACTICAL PASSED]

I’m N383AE. Nothing much to say since nothing really happened, so…good job. Feel free to tag me when you open again.

1 Like

Thanks for showing up, glad I could assist you!

I’ll remember this as the ideal sweet spot for transition aircraft, thanks! As for the jet, I think Alaska 101 confused me when they requested for a transition outside of tower airspace altitude, so I just responded with the highest altitude in tower airspace. Looking back, that was unnecessary of me all together. I’ll have to watch out for that next time, haha.

Again, thanks for showing up, I’ll tag you next session!

Thanks for attending, you kind of came at quiet point, so it was easy for me to give and respond to your commands. I’ll tag you next session if you wish!

Hey

I was VT - VAT

Everything was right for me. When is your practical?

1 Like

Hasn’t been scheduled yet, need to do my written first, haha. Will be doing written soon, and then I’ll figure out when my practical is.

Thanks for attending!

@Airborne_Canuck wanna hop in my session? @CR3W @NightHawk @Tsumia you guys too!

1 Like

Be there in ‘round 20

1 Like

roger that!

1 Like

Sorry I couldn’t make it! Something popped up. Please tag me next time

1 Like

ATC SESSION

• Time: 1 hour session

• Airport: RKSS

• Runways: 14R & 14L

• Server: Training

• Pattern work allowed

• METAR: RKSS 250000Z 09012KT 060V120 CAVOK 18/07 Q1020 NOSIG

Some fun routes:

RKSS - RKJY
Asiana 8733
A320-200/A321-200
Route: N/A
50m

RKSS - RKPC
Asiana 8941
A321-200/A330-300/B767-300
Route: N/A
1h:6m

@Tsumia 👀

@NightHawk @WesleyHenrich @CR3W @Paul_G @IFA_Mitch @Varunsehdev

Session done, RKSS closed.

1 Like

Ahh sorry I was sleeping

Let’s try this again, doing it a bit earlier this time so hopefully there’s a bit more turn-ups.

ATC SESSION

• Time: 1 hour session

• Airport: MMMX

• Runways: 23R & 23L

• Server: Training

• Pattern work allowed

• METAR: MMMX 252045Z 21006KT 5SM FEW030 SCT220 29/04 A3021 NOSIG RMK SLP018 57030 913 8/102 HZY TCU E MDT CU SW AC

• Airport altitude 7362 ft.

@Tsumia @NightHawk @CR3W @Paul_G @IFA_Mitch @Varunsehdev

1 Like

Brilliant session today, nothing much I can comment on except for the transition.

1. First off, fairly late clearance, make sure you know and remember where the instructions are and how to make quick decisions.

2. Transition altitude was incorrect, should have been 10,000ft MSL. You already corrected that via DM, so no biggie.

Thats all I’ve got, see you another session!

1 Like

Thanks! Yeah, as for the late transition clearance, I completely blanked while clearing you, causing me to clear wrong altitude late timing. Timing will definitely get better with more practice.

Thanks for attending!

Feedback from N17EE

[22:44:25Z] - For transition altitude it should be 10,000 .

[22:52:21Z] - Good that you noticed that Delta taking off whilst I was on short final wasn’t going to work too well . Make sure to be sure planes have time to takeoff before the landing aircraft arrives.

[23:01:51Z] - Exit runway wasn’t given , " cleared for the option " allows for the pilot to land aswell , just keep an eye because sometimes someone might land without saying " full stop ".

No other issues from , thanks and have an good rest of your day !

1 Like

I’ve heard mixed inputs about this one, it’s a bit confusing, I’ve heard people say that ~ 500 ft is ideal, and others say ~ 1000 ft or above is ideal. Do you have a preference when controlling? It’d be nice to know for the future, so I can be on sturdy ground for the practical test. :)

I’ll keep this one in mind, I didn’t realise cleared for the option allowed pilots for landing with out announcing full stop. At what time speed wise would it be ideal to give the exit runway command if you’re uncertain whether or not the pilot will perform a touch and go/stop and go?

Thanks for attending! Definitely some useful information that will come in handy for the future!

Depends on the altitude , you just need to round up to the nearest 500 , so say it’s like 9,700 ft you would need to round up to 10,000 , thats why it would be 10,000 . Transition altitude is just ( 2,500 + airport elevation rounded to the nearest 500 ) .

70 knots ground speed

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll keep that info in mind, definitely is handy! Thanks for coming out!

1 Like

Session finished, thanks to all who attended!