Airborne_Canuck’s ATC Tracking Thread - [CLOSED] @ N/A - [PRACTICAL PASSED]

Hey everyone, today I will begin my practice sessions for the IFATC program. I’ve thought about joining for a long period now, after I reached 500 operations on the training server, the decision was all laid out in front of me, so I began my application process. Which brings me to this moment. I chose to join the IFATC program to experience a new, fun, challenge, and I’m optimistic about the future and this experience!

Alright, now that the introduction is over, here’s the info for today’s session.

1 hour session?
Open @ CYVR
Pattern work allowed
Runway use: RW26L & RW26R
Server: training

METAR: CYVR 142300Z 30012G17KT 20SM FEW240 14/06 A3012 RMK CI1 CI TR SLP202

Some fun routes to fly:

Jazz 8414 - DH8D
CYVR - CYLW

CYVR **GRG6 FERRY **SEKAB4 SEKAB CYLW

Jazz 8211 - DH8D
CYVR - CYXS

CYVR **GRG6 DOLLR GARRE SEATN YWL **I15 YXS CYXS

feedback is much appreciated, here or DMs, that is your choice, see you out there!

3 Likes

Hey, really good session today! Just a few key points for you to note:

• T&G clearances were quite late. You should clear someone for landing/T&G as soon as you can.

• Incorrect pattern entries for runway changes, let’s take the first one for example. The change from 26R to 26L was responded with an enter right downwind, in 26R’s direction; the command would have been fine if I turned crosswind. Since I was still on upwind, an enter left downwind runway 26L would have been the correct choice.

Ping me next session!

1 Like

I didn’t know this, thank you, I’ll keep this one in mind for future sessions! Thanks for coming out!

Thanks to anyone else who came out today, I’ll be back again for another session sometime soon!

@NightHawk also, thank you for coming by!

1 Like

Hi! Sorry for the delayed response. I was N99AG.

For someone with 500 operations, I am quite surprised with your proficiency. All of your transition altitudes, clearances, sequences and directions were perfect. I honestly have no critique–you even knew how to correctly use extend downwind, something I rarely see in trainees.

Ping me next session if you have more sessions. I wish you luck on your journey! Let me know if you have questions about IFATC.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it, I do try my best! Glad I could be of service in today’s session!

ATC SESSION

• Time: 1 hour session

• Airport: CYUL

• Runways: 24R & 24L

• Server: Training

• Pattern work allowed

• METAR: CYUL 230100Z 27010KT 15SM FEW080 FEW190 SCT250 04/M10 A2967 RMK AC1AC1CI3 AC TR AC TR SLP050

Some fun routes:

CYUL - KEWR
Jazz 8028
CRJ-200
FAWNS BUGSY HANAA FLOSI4

CYUL - CYTZ
Porter 474
Dash-8 Q400
BOBKI MELTI KEMVI ILIXU8

@Tsumia @NightHawk @WesleyHenrich

As long as you’re still open, I’ll head over and do a couple traffic patterns, sounds fun right now.

1 Like

For sure, still open atm

Hey! CN-TWR

Everything was well done. Just one thing:

• Main issue was your transition altitude. Your transition altitude should be 500-1000 feet above your traffic pattern. For jets, that would be ~1600 ft, so your transition altitude would sit around 2500-3000. You gave me 3500 ft, and another inbound 5000 ft.

Other than that it was great! Thanks for the service. Feel free to tag me whenever you open again and I’ll try and stop by.

-Evan

1 Like

I’m N383AE. Nothing much to say since nothing really happened, so…good job. Feel free to tag me when you open again.

1 Like

Thanks for showing up, glad I could assist you!

I’ll remember this as the ideal sweet spot for transition aircraft, thanks! As for the jet, I think Alaska 101 confused me when they requested for a transition outside of tower airspace altitude, so I just responded with the highest altitude in tower airspace. Looking back, that was unnecessary of me all together. I’ll have to watch out for that next time, haha.

Again, thanks for showing up, I’ll tag you next session!

Thanks for attending, you kind of came at quiet point, so it was easy for me to give and respond to your commands. I’ll tag you next session if you wish!

Hey

I was VT - VAT

Everything was right for me. When is your practical?

1 Like

Hasn’t been scheduled yet, need to do my written first, haha. Will be doing written soon, and then I’ll figure out when my practical is.

Thanks for attending!

@Airborne_Canuck wanna hop in my session? @CR3W @NightHawk @Tsumia you guys too!

1 Like

Be there in ‘round 20

1 Like

roger that!

1 Like

Sorry I couldn’t make it! Something popped up. Please tag me next time

1 Like

ATC SESSION

• Time: 1 hour session

• Airport: RKSS

• Runways: 14R & 14L

• Server: Training